ㅤㅤ⇆ . 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐧 | 𝐒𝐞𝐚

𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞: Poseidon
𝐓𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞: God of the Sea and Rivers
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬: Cronus (Time) and Rhea (Fertility)

𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧:
The name Poseidon means other "husband of the Earth" or "lord of the Earth".

𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐧:
Poseidon was married to Amphitrite, and they had a son, Triton. Poseidon also had numerous mortal offspring including giants such as Antaios, and the cyclops Polyphemus; magical horses like Pegasus and Arion; and various human kings, heroes, and villains such as Theseus and Bellerophon.

𝐒𝐲𝐦𝐛𝐨𝐥𝐬:
The symbols attributed to Poseidon include the trident, horse, dolphin, pine tree, and wild celery.

𝐌𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐬:
Poseidon also has his fair share of myths the most common ones being the following;
At birth Poseidon was swallowed whole by his father Kronos (Cronus), but Zeus later enlisted the aid of the goddess Metis who fed the Titan a magical elixir causing him to disgorge the god.

During the War of the Titans, the Kyklopes (Cyclopes) crafted a magical trident for Poseidon, and together with his brothers Zeus and Hades he defeated the elder gods and imprisoned them in Tartaros.

Poseidon and his brothers drew lots for the division of the cosmos after the fall of the Titanes, and won the sea as his domain.

When the Gigantes (Giants) besieged the gods of Olympus, Poseidon crushed Polybotes beneath the island of Kos (Cos).