Chapter 10: Escape

London

The basement of the abandoned building

Sunday

2130 Hours

Erica's POV

"Dammit, why does Mike have to ruin this. Mom and Zoe are fine. Mike joined only a couple months ago; he shouldn't be telling me what to do." I thought to myself, annoyed that Mike could be sacrificing the mission. "Whatever, let's just get Mom and Zoe and get out of here." I shimmed through the dark with Mike, who was crouching next to me making sure not to make any noise. We had to watch out, or I guess 'feel out' for beartraps to make sure that we don't accidently lose an arm. We knew that that man was somewhere down here, but we just couldn't hear him at all.

The whole place was like a maze, boxes were everywhere. We were having to weave our way in and out through the place. We had no idea where they were besides for a few noises here and there. Suddenly there was a loud SNAP! over to our far right. "Uh oh" I heard Zoe say a bit too loud from across the room. Then, a couple yards to our left, I heard a grunt as a box whizzed above us. It crashed where I heard Zoe and then I heard two people sprinting away. "I guess we found them" I said to Mike, annoyed that our cover was now defiantly blown. The man's now heavy footsteps grew closer as he ran towards the others. "Mike, go get the others. I'll hold him off until you can get back over here." I then ripped off a loose piece wood from a pallet and swung it as hard as I could at the incoming man's legs. Mike ran off and I got ready.

Mike's POV

I ran towards where Zoe and Catherine should be while trying to not step on a bear trap. I was stumbling over my own feet trying to get to them. I heard fighting noises close behind me as I ran, making me run faster. Suddenly, I started falling. Everything started going into slow motion as my face was plummeting directly into a bear trap. Mabey I should have slowed down a bit I thought as my face was mere inches away from the sharp metal. Then, I felt a warm hand grab me and push me out of the way just in time, saving me from death. "Jeeze Mike, slow down" I heard Zoe say in front of me. "We don't need a dead kid on our hands right now chap" Catherine said helping me up from the ground. "How did you guys get separated from us" I said as we made our way back towards Erica a bit more safely than I did. "We may have gotten distracted by what was in some of the boxes. They seem to contain white containers with VX plastered all over them instead of any weapons. When we went to show you, you and Erica were already gone" Zoe said, still unable to control her voice level. As we approached Erica more, we started to see the large man flailing around trying to get Erica off of his back. Erica had managed to get on his back and now was pinching his jugular vein, trying to knock him out. We ran up to him, but before we could do anything, he grabbed Erica by her arm and through her across the room. We still could barely see but we went for him. 

I went to the right and punched him in his side as fast as I could. I punched him about 50 times before I looked up. All I saw was two eyes burning into my soul as I felt a huge hand on my shoulder. I was thrown back against a cement wall. I felt a huge throbbing pain everywhere, but I just got back up and went back into the fight. Zoe was towards his back preforming a Boxing Kangaroo while Catherine was spraying pepper spray in his eyes. I ran up to him and punched him directly in the stomach, I reversed elbowed him while going in for a left hook directly to his face. This staggered him for a second, but he came back and swung at me. He missed by a hair, but he did hit Zoe who was now somewhere in the darkness. Catherine then came up and shoved her shoes heel into the man's leg while going around him and punching his back in. I came up and while he was hunched over, I upercutted him while going in for another left hook. He staggered back even harder this time. He caught himself and wiped some blood from his lip. "Fuck this" he grunted under his breath as he pulled out a remote. Out of nowhere, a blinding light came from behind us. I turned around and saw a grenade coming straight for us with Zoe and Erica running into the opening. "Come on!" Zoe yelled as the man hit a button on the remote and an alarm sounded. I ran towards the opening while avoiding beartraps sprawled all over the floor. Catherine was close behind as we made our way through.