𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

"For fuck's sake!" Noah curses loudly, unsheathing his sword.

 He looks older now. He's much taller than Florence, his eyes are no longer soft and full of wonder, they're tired and angry. His muscles are more toned but he's still quite skinny. He has a hint of stubble on his chin and he looks like he hasn't slept in days, his dark hair is tousled and his under eyes are a deep shade of violet.

"Gods fucking damn it." Florence says tightening the grip around Backstabber.

"You guys know each other?" The Ares girl is looking in between them with confusion.

"I'll handle this one, Mary, it's personal." Noah tells the girl with him.

Florence barely has time to process what he says because suddenly he's charging at her and she barely has time to activate her bracelet-shield. She blocks his sword. He swings. She ducks. He keeps trying insistently. She blocks, trying to find a slip up she can use to her advantage. 

Just when she finds a vulnerable point she can hit and cause damage, he snaps his fingers and says something in ancient greek she doesn't quite hear. Immediately Florence is thrown against the floor by an invisible force. 

Noah slides a long gash down her right arm with his sword. Florence sees the injury before she feels it; she sees the blood dripping everywhere, staining her clothes. Then the pain hits her and she cries out so loudly it reverberates down the hallways. She hears the echoes of her agony as Noah looks down at her with a cruel smile.

"Why?" She can't help but ask, her face contorted in pain.

"Why not?" He replies, smilling with satisfaction.

"I should've seen this coming." She breathes.

"It's alright, you were never actually that smart." He replies, still smiling.

She groans out as another flash of pain hits her.

"That's the poison making its way to your blood system." He informs her and she gasps both out of pain and shock.

"Poisoned sword. Clever, right? Don't worry you'll be out soon enough." He was still smiling as he said it but his face became one of fury when he continued: 

"I hope you rot in tartarus, like the monster you are. It's a shame your sisters won't even have a body to bury this time. I'll send Luke your regards, say hi to Mabel for him."

The pain begins consuming her when he begins walking away.

"Kill me now if you're so brave! I dare you!" She cries out in a moment of insanity.

"KIlling you now would be a kindness, I'll let you suffer a little more." He smiles again and disappears down another hallway.

꒰🕊꒱

Florence isn't as scared of death as she thought she'd be.

The pain is too great, she's thrown up somewhere along the way and now she sits in a pool of her own sick, quite certain she had a fever or a concussion. Maybe both. 

It's all too much, she kind of just wishes it would end. Maybe she'll see Mabel if she's lucky. Maybe they'll spend the rest of her days in elysium. But then she wonders about little Drew and poor Silena and worst of all Annabeth who she's scared to see in Elysium too. She worries most, however, about Clarisse, alone in this labyrinth. But there's nothing she can do about it now.

She's ready for it when death comes. The sound of heels clicking against the stone floor, a swooshing black dress. But when she looks up to see death's face she sees someone else entirely.