𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

Florence walked through the woods making as little noise as possible. Finally she reached a point where the woods had opened up, revealing a cliffside. There she could see Thorn, with Bianca, Nico and Percy.

"Luke," She heard Percy say. "You work for Luke."

Of course he does, Florence thought.

"You have no idea what is happening, Perseus Jackson. I will let the General enlighten you. You are going to do him a great service tonight. He is looking forward to meeting you." Dr Thorn says.

"The General?" Percy asked and Florence wanted to facepalm. "I mean... who's the General?

Florence felt a branch cracking, she turned around to see Annabeth, Grover and Thalia walking towards her.

"Percy's in trouble." She informs me.

"When is he not?" Thalia says. "Annabeth, use your cap, create a distraction so we can attack."

They followed Thalia's orders. Annabeth became invisible and when they saw Percy, the di Angelos and Dr Thorn being knocked to the ground they charged. Florence wielding her dagger and Thalia her shield, Aegis. Which can frighten any opponent.

Even Dr Thorn winced and growled when he saw it. Thalia moved in with her spear. "For Zeus!"

For Aphrodite. Florence added in her mind. She protected Thalia's back, just in case there were more monsters lurking around. Thalia jabbed at Thorn's head, but he snarled and swatted the spear aside. His hand changed into an orange paw with enormous claws that sparked against Thalia's shield as he slashed. If it hadn't been for Aegis, Thalia would've been sliced like a loaf of bread.

As it was, she managed to roll backwards and land on her feet, Florence jumped out of the way. The sound of the helicopter was getting louder behind them, but they didn't dare look.

Dr Thorn launched another volley of missiles at Thalia and Florence who deflected them with their respective shields. The missiles deflected off the shields, but the force of their impact knocked them down.

Grover sprang forward. He put his reed pipes to his lips and began to play – a frantic jig that sounded like something pirates would dance to. Grass broke through the snow. Within seconds, rope-thick weeds were wrapping round Dr Thorn's legs, entangling him.

Dr Thorn roared and began to change. He grew larger until he was in his true form – his face still human, but his body that of a huge lion. His leathery, spiky tail whipped deadly thorns in all directions.

"A manticore!" Annabeth said, now visible.

"Who are you people?" Bianca di Angelo demanded. "And what is that?"

"A manticore?" Nico gasped. "He's got three thousand attack power and plus five to saving throws!"

Fucking mythomagic. Florence thought, dusting herself off, there was a nasty thorn poking her arm, she tried to pull it out but gave up due to the pain. The manticore clawed Grover's magic weeds to shreds then turned towards the others with a snarl.

"Get down!" Annabeth pushed the di Angelos flat into the snow. Percy activated his shield defending himself from the thorns. Grover landed on the ground with a thud.

"Yield!" the monster roared. "Never!" Thalia yelled from across the field.

She charged the monster and, but then there was a thunderous noise and a blaze of light from behind them. The helicopter appeared out of the mist, hovering just beyond the cliffs. It was a sleek black military-style gunship, with attachments on the sides that looked like laser-guided rockets.