𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

We all want to succeed in our lives but there is always something holding us back

We all want to succeed in our lives but there is always something holding us back. Our past is always holding us back.

No matter how much we try to succeed, until we let go of our past we can't succeed. Some pretend to let go, while some actually let go.

I was pretending. I was pretending that I had let him go, that I didn't care about him. And I was doing okay while I was pretending.

He did not have to return. He actually didn't. Everything was going okay. I was living my life perfectly. Well, not perfectly but there were no obstacles.

Now he is back and he wants to marry me. Like shit.

He chuckled as he answered my question, “To marry you, little devil.”

“What?” I whisper out of disbelief.

He wants to marry me? Like really and he expects me to not put up any fight. I had begged him to stay, to hear me out. Just once. But he didn't. He had left me. And now he is back, to marry me.

“No,” I utter, raising my head, meeting his gaze with mine.

“I didn't ask,” he replied as he smirked. He tightened his hold on my waist as I rested my palm on his chest to push him away.

“Just, just leave me,” I mumbled, giving in my best effort to push him away but he didn't even budge.

“You look really cute trying to push me away,” he remarked as he stroked my face with the back of his fingers.

“Don't,” I whispered, finally giving up. I don't want his hands on me. I really don't.

He can't be back now. He’ll break me again and this time I won't be able to fix myself. I don't want that. I just want some peace.

“Wasn't breaking me once enough?” I asked him as his hand moved to my neck.

He firmly wrapped his arms around my neck and forced me to rest the back of my head against the wall.

“I’ll show you what breaking a person is actually like,” he growled against my ears as he tightened his grip on my neck making me gasp.

I moved my hands to his as he gripped my neck.

“I won't marry you,” I told me, trying to maintain my confidence as I started to struggle to breathe.

He finally removed his hands from my neck, and moved aside, giving me some space. I coughed, gasping as my lungs turned from the lack of oxygen.

“See this,” he commanded as he placed a file of documents on my desk.

I cautiously took slow steps towards him as he stared at my features, chuckling.

“Stop staring at me,” I tell him as I take the file and sit on my chair.

“No,” he mumbled.

I open the file as I skim through the pages. My face turns pale as the information settles in.

RUHAAN RAJVANSH POSSESSES THE MAJORITY OWNERSHIP OF THE JUSTICE JUNCTION. IF ANYA THAKUR WANTS THE MAJORITY OWNERSHIP SHE WILL NEED TO MARRY RUHAAN.

All I can say now is that I am fucked. In the moral and literal sense.

Vote and comment : )