2014: Ponytail

Kaz stood next to her sink, sideways, her hands in her short hair. She closed her eyes and gathered it up behind her into a small ponytail and pulled it back. She opened her eyes and pulled her hands down. It held.

 IT HELD. 

"Oh!" She gasped, running her hands over the short stub of a ponytail. "Oh!" 

She ran and grabbed her phone, snapping a quick photo to post on Twitter later. Afterwards she dialed Matt's number while sending him the photo. 

"Hello?" He answered, sounding tired. 

"Matt! Hi! Sorry it's so early." She said, blushing slightly. 

"No no." He said swiftly, "It's good to hear your voice. Why are you calling?" 

"Oh! Check your email." She answered breathlessly. 

"Okay." He said and there was a pause. "Is that your hair?" He asked after a moment. 

"Yes." Kazza replied, touching it gently. 

"Oh!" He gasped. 

"I had the same reaction!" Kaz smiled. 

"That's brilliant! I hope it will get longer everyday." He replied. 

"Thanks." Kaz replied quietly. 

"Bye." Matt said kindly.

 "Bye." Kazza replied softly.The call ended and Kaz hit the off button, realizing she was sitting on her bed. Kazza slipped the holder out of her hair and let it drop. 

"Oh Matt." Kaz said softly, tears in her eyes. "I miss you so much."