Chapter 3

At the hockey arena, Andre and Beck were enjoying the game as the Los Angeles Kings scored their second goal of the first period.

"Is this exciting or what?" Andre asked.

"Yeah, it is. I have to hand it to you, Andre! I regret not going to a game back in 9th grade, but thank you for helping me rectify that mistake," Beck said.

"No problem. Happy Birthday, Beck," Andre said.

At some point, when the arena's jumbotron read off those celebrating birthdays, Beck's name showed up. He beamed and said "Thank you, Andre for making that happen."

"No problem; I just hope we don't show up on the Kiss Cam," Andre thought aloud.

"I doubt it; even if we did, I am *not* kissing you," Beck added.

"Agreed," Andre said.

As the game went on, Andre got a text from Tori. The text read, "Come over to my house after the game. Planning the ultimate surprise party for Beck."

Andre looked at Beck who was actively enjoying the game. He typed in, "Will do."

While Andre and Beck were at the game, Tori had assembled her friends to surprise Beck for his birthday. They had worked hard, making sure her living room was all ready for the two guys' arrival.

"Why are we at Tori's house?" Beck asked, as Andre pulled up at the curb.

"You'll see," Andre said as he got out of the driver's seat.

Tori had texted Andre earlier, telling him not to bother ringing the doorbell. So he and Beck just walked in the front door, turned on the lights, and that's when everyone jumped out yelling "Surprise!"

"Wow! I had no idea you guys planned this. Thank you!" Beck said clearly surprised.

"Of course. Come on, let's have some cake," Tori said. She escorted Beck over to the kitchen table for some birthday cake.

"Where's Jade?" Beck asked. He looked around, and noticed she wasn't present.

"She was here earlier," Tori answered casually. "I think she popped out for some air."

"Oh I see," Beck said. "Actually, give me a moment." He excused himself and walked outside. Going to the back patio, he found Jade there all alone.

"You okay?" Beck asked her.

"I don't know. It's your birthday; I should be happy for you," Jade explained, although she didn't look very happy

"Don't worry about it; we all have our sad moments," Beck said, and Jade finally began to smile. "Now, come on; let's go back inside for some cake."

"Sure," Jade said. "But one thing first." She held Beck's hand. "I love you. And I shouldn't let anyone discourage us from being together. Not even my parents."

"I love you too, babe," Beck spoke as he cupped Jade's cheek.

"Come to think about it, Jade Oliver has a nice ring to it," Jade teased, her mind finally at ease.

"It sure does," Beck agreed, smiling. They decided to go inside and enjoy the rest of the party.

When they came back inside, the gang all sang "Happy Birthday" as well as "He's a jolly good fellow" to Beck and he blew out his candles.

Later on in the night, Beck began opening the presents. Included in the gifts were a cup of Strawberry Sorbet that Cat made earlier that day with Jade, a brand new watch from Andre bought just a few days ago, a new necktie from Robbie, and a photo album from Tori.

THE END!