Chapter Thirteen: The Horror.

~Ian's POV~

Anthony lay on the floor facing me a few hours later, when I still hadn't moved much. He had no idea that the way he was laying was an exact replica of how he'd lain in the dream before he dragged me out by my ankles.

He started to talk after a few moments of just silently watching me. "Look, I could make you come out from under there. But, I won't because you don't seem to want to. So, I'm gonna join you. If you don't want me to, just shake your head." I still didn't move. 

He scooted under on his belly, his back brushing the bottom of the bed. "Heh, I'm too tall to be getting under a bed." Ah, he was trying to be funny to amuse me.

He slid closer until his side brushed against mine. A sigh left my lips. His hand brushed mine, as if going to grip it in his own. "I don't know what the nightmare was about, and I'm not gonna ask you to tell me. But when you hide from things, they come back to haunt you later. And I don't want a bad dream to ruin the happiness you were starting to achieve. And after all the shitty things you've been through, you really deserve to be happy." 

I wanted to hug him, hold him as my comfort and security blanket. But the confined space was preventing that, making me frustrated. "Thank you. You deserve happiness too." 

He nudged with his elbow, face breaking out into a grin. "You make me happy on a daily basis, Angel." 

"Can we get out from under here? It smells like feet." He laughed, scooting sideways to get out from under the bed, myself following closely behind. 

As soon as we were both on our feet, I extended my arms to wrap around his waist and draw him to me. He laughed, wrapping his arms around me as well. We just held each other for a few moments, appreciating the warmth the other brought. 

"Hey, Anthony?" I asked, causing him to hum as he rocked us side-to-side slowly. "Can I borrow a sweater? It's cold in here." 

He released me, taking a few steps back. "We bought you a bunch of sweaters!" He laughed again, now in a good mood. 

I looked down, a bashful blush spreading it's way along my cheeks. "Yours are comfier. And they smell nice."

He looked amused, shrugging as he walked out of the room. "I guess you can, wait in the living room though. I wanna teach you the joys of video games after."

I'd heard Anthony mention these "video games" several times, but I truly had no idea of what they actually were. I was interested in being taught, being told the secret of this probably calm activity.

~

"Screw you! You made me fall off the map again!" Anthony yelled as he bumped his shoulder lightly against mine after I'd thrown a green shell at him in Mario Kart, effectively throwing him off of Rainbow Road. 

"Get better at the game then!" It must have been the middle of the night by now with how long we've been playing. It'd taken me awhile to get the hang of it, but when I did I began to obliterate Anthony in every round. 

We'd been playing different games all day, only taking breaks to go to the bathroom or eat.

I got over the finish line, first place for the third time in a row. Anthony groaned, throwing his remote to the floor in anger. He got to his feet not long after, shutting the game system and television off and stretching his arms above his head. "I think it's time to stop before I get extreme gamer's-rage."

I nodded, a yawn making it's way from my mouth. 

I did my usual nightly activities before heading off to bed, only wearing the sweater Anthony had lent me and my boxers. I paused outside my door though, turning to face Anthony as he walked down the hall towards me. "Whatever you hear from me tonight in my nightmares, don't wake me up. Don't come in the room. I need you to think about your own safety for once and stay out. And keep Daisy with you." My voice was low the whole time I spoke, alerting him to how serious I was right now.