Chapter 11| Media Releases

Thank you for 2k views. If you like my story, please vote and comment.💜

Samaira pov:

When everyone finished lunch, Dadu instructed Ekaansh and me to go to his study together. Before I could ask Ekaansh the way, he disappeared momentarily, only to return with a file in a hand, silently gesturing me to follow him. He strides away quickly, leaving me struggling to keep pace, as though he was evading any questions I had.

Entering the room, I spotted a file on the table. Dadi was also present with Dadu. Ekaansh took a seat on one of the sofas.

"Samaira, please take a seat," Dadu instructed settling beside Dadi.

I sat beside Ekaansh, who now held another file with 'Espoir' written on top, absorbed in its content.

" Ekaansh, you can review it later. Listen to us" Dadi stated, grabbing his attention

"We know your marriage wasn't ideal. But we want you both to make an effort. Though you both didn't marry because of love, do you know what is more important than love it is communication, respect, and commitment matter too." Dadi emphasized

"I hope you both will heed my words"

"Yes, Dadi, we will do our best" I assured her, while Ekaansh remained lost in thought, offering a nod.

Dadu seemed troubled as if he knew something but chose not to share.

"These are for your Pehli rasoi. I would have given them to you earlier but, we needed to speak with you both, " Dadu said, passing me the files and a pen

Glancing through the file, it contained share transfers, a portion of shares from Rathore.Corp.

"Dadu, I can't accept this," I said surprising Dadu and Dadi. Ekaansh, however, seemed unsurprised.

"Samaira, consider it as a gift from us. Everyone in the family has them" Dadu insisted

"I am sorry, but I can't accept this. It is your hard-earned wealth. ork. I can accept anything else as a gift but not this" I explained

"Beta---

"Pls, Dadi"

"Fine, if you won't accept those, at least take these bangles. You can't refuse them" She insisted, sliding them on my wrist.

"Samaira, if you ever need anything, don't hesitate to ask. You're like my granddaughter. Despite my appearance, I'm not intimidating" Dadu stated.

"Okay, Dadu"

"Ekaansh wanted to discuss something with you. Stay here. We will go." Dadu said, leading Dadi out of the room.

I glanced at Ekaansh, who remained silent throughout, holding onto his file.

"Sign these papers" he commanded, passing me the file. I knew its contents mirrored the previous one.

"I already informed Dadu. I don't want any share. If you are being pressured, I can talk to him" I offered.

"No one is pressuring me. I am doing this willingly. So, sign them." he replied, his hand resting on the armrest my eyes unknowingly moved toward them. I noticed the veins visible through his shirt sleeves.