Chapter 6- Tea with Henry VIII

The car ride to my house wasn't very eventful. I just sat scrolling on my phone whilst listening to Sebastian's very inconsistent music, while he just drove the way to my flat.

We had almost made it to my house when I finally built up the courage to ask him again, "Sebastian, what was going on with you and Alisha earlier when I interrupted you two?"

His head snapped towards me before turning back to the road, clearly surprised that I had asked him this again after he told me to leave it alone earlier.

He cleared his throat before reluctantly saying, "It was really nothing, she's just an old friend. We were just... catching up on things."

I roll my eyes at his response which was obviously not the truth, or at least not the whole truth. He definitely wasn't telling me the full story.

But like before, I knew he wasn't going to tell me what was truly going on so I just hum in response then turn back to the window, obviously disappointed.

Then I remember something from this afternoon that I had almost forgotten, "What did you get from your drawer in the geography office? You seemed in such a rush to hide it from me."

Sebastian clenched his jaw and tightened his grip on the steering wheel, before once again, shrugging it off by saying "It's none of your concern."

I sigh.

I open my mouth to be nosy again but I'm cut off by
him abruptly saying, "Look! We've arrived."

I look out my window to see we are in fact right next to the building where my flat is in.

Looking over to Sebastian I can practically see the relief on his face probably because he now has an excuse to not answer my many questions.

Sebastian then puts his hand on my headrest and looks behind me as he reverses into parking space in the small parking lot outside the building, so that he may easily get out out of it when he wants to leave.

Whilst he is doing this I look at him confused as to why he is parking. Shouldn't he just drop me off and then be on his own merry way home listening to Beethoven?

He gets out of the car first and as always walks around the car and opens the door for me.

He reaches out his hand and I take his hand and in my own, getting out of the car and feeling warm at the gesture.

Once I'm out of my little trance I look at him and question, "What are you doing? Are you not going home?"

He gives me a look that tells me he probably thinks im stupid, " Of course I'm going home. I'm just going to walk you to your door and make sure you get in your flat safe." He looks around, I don't live in the nicest area.

I smile at him and sarcastically respond, "What a gentleman."

He smirks at me before saying, "I'm sure you think that."

We start walking to the door of the building and I get my key out to open the main door.

I put my key in to open to door but it literally will not turn, I think the door may be jammed. "Come on, open you stupid door." I say under my breath.

"I don't think you're going to convince the door to open, Ellis." He states blatantly as if I didn't already know that.

"Fine Sebastian, you try then." I say frustrated and hand him the keys.