Chapter 5- On The House

I clear my throat and sit up to try get out of my shocked state.

Jo is staring at me probably expecting an introduction which she still hasn't gotten as I was composing myself after the revelation that I have been here before.

And not just been here, but been here that night.

Not wanting to seem any weirder than I already do I look up at Jo and say "Hi, I'm Ellis, I work with Sebastian at the school."

Jo's eyebrows raise and she looks a Sebastian giving him a look I cannot decipher and he in response looks away. However, I can't help but notice that when he looks away there's a little pink tinge to his cheeks.

Jo responds saying, "Well you probably have already figured this out but I'm Jo, Sebastian's Godmother and I own this diner."

Sebastian speaks up. "I think she knew that Jo."

Jo gives him a scolding look. "Sebby, don't talk to me like I'm stupid. I may be old but I'm not that old. And I thought that as well. Did you not listen to the first half of my introduction? Careful now, I've always told you that you need to pay more attention to things..." She trails off then looks at me with a suggestive look, " He has a tendency to not notice the obvious."

He has a tendency to not notice anything, like the fact he probably should have spent 5 more years in school before he even considered becoming a teacher.

Deciding not to say that aloud I just smile at Jo who is obviously deciding to change the course of the conversation by asking us, "So, what are you guys getting? It's on the house for you Ellis."

" You don't have to do that." I say feeling bad that this woman I just met was going to make me food for free.

"No, it's alright I insist." She states determinedly.

Not wanting to seem rude I return that with a "Thank you."

Sebastian looks at me and then at Jo. "What about me, Jo?"

Jo looks at him and rolls his eyes. "The last time you visited me was months ago, I'm sure you'll survive without my free food."

Sebastian mumble something under his breath which I don't believe were very suitable to be said in front of respectable company. He then suddenly sits up straight as if realising that his posture was slouching and smiles at Jo.

Jo can see that he's about to try something so she repeats herself. "Sebastian, I said no free food. Now get out your fancy wallet and order."

Looking over to me Jo asks me what I'm going to order, not wanting to get what I previously decided as I felt bad for getting something to expensive that would come out of this nice woman's money, I ask for a plain Cheeseburger and fries with a strawberry milkshake.

Sebastian looks over to me and furrows his eyebrows probably wondering why I didn't get that massive meal I was basically drooling at while searching the menu.

Jo looks over at Sebastian expecting his order next. He glances over at me again and says " May I have the 'Deluxe Double Chicken and Beef Burger' with fries and a Diet Coke please?"

I look at him scoffing, that is what I obviously wanted and he probably got it just to spite me.

Jo looks equally surprised as she states " You've never had that before, you always said it was disgusting and ' oil, grease and fat on a burger bun' so why get in now?"

He simply responds by saying." I just want to try something new."

I just hum in response, pulling my phone out and scrolling through my emails until the food arrives, not being bothered to engage in any talking with Sebastian.

The smell of food around me is practically intoxicating me and I just want the food to hurry up and come here before I die of starvation.

And no I am definitely not overreacting. I haven't ate  food for like 22 hours.

The food is finished and Jo is giving it to us like 10 minutes later. I look at my cheeseburger which looks amazing but then look at Sebastian massive meal and see that it looks absolutely glorious.

Oh well. It is what it is. We thank Jo for the food and then I get ready to eat my beautiful dinner.

I'm about to take a bite when Sebastian says " Do you want to swap?"

I look over at him confused as to why he would want to give up such a marvellous masterpiece of food.
Did he poison it or something? "Are you sure? Why?"

"I don't really want it, I got it for you anyway." He says, then straight away I look at him shocked on why he would get this food for me.

"I noticed that you wanted it but I could tell that you most likely didn't want to get something so big for free from Jo, so I figured I would just buy it and give it to you." He says indifferently with a shrug.

I stare at him, puzzled by his sudden generosity towards me, but soon my mouth forms a wide grin and I exclaim "Thank you!" about twenty times.

I swap our foods giving him my cheeseburger which pails in comparison to the meal which I am now about to eat.

I keep my strawberry milkshake though, and he keeps his Diet Coke which he seems content with as he takes sips from it in between taking some fries.

I much on the meal in front of me, thoroughly appreciating the deliciousness of it and sighing when I finally finish it about 30 minutes later.

Sebastian had finished his food maybe 15 minutes before but unlike I anticipated he didn't try to rush me to hurry up eating he just went over and politely chatted with Jo while I devoured my burger.

During the conversation I saw both of them glance at me multiple times. I wonder what they were talking about.

When I am done with my food I stand up to clean my mess. Grateful, for Sebastian having already cleaned up his mess so I don't have to tidy away his as well.

I walk over to where Jo and Sebastian are standing, Sebastian abruptly cutting himself off mid sentence when I walk over. What did I interrupt?

Jo smiles at me. "Hey honey, I think it's time for you guys to get going now, I really hope I'll be seeing you again Ellis." She says to me before turning to Sebastian, "And I better be seeing you in at least three weeks, it's important, you have to come."

"I'll think about it Jo. Anyway Ellis are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, im ready." I say then look to Jo. " It was really nice meeting you, the food was amazing."

"Well I'm glad it was amazing because if it wasn't I would be doing something wrong." She says and then we both laugh, saying or final goodbyes before me and Sebastian walk back outside to the car.

He opens the passenger door for me before I step in, thanking him. He then walks over to his side and sits down in his seat, adjusting his chair bit more back so that he fits better.

He's about to start the car when I look at him and say  "Thank you."

" You've already thanked me about twenty times for the food, it's alright."

"Not just for the food, also for offering to drive me and caring enough to make me your responsibility." I say earnestly.

"You're not a responsibility, I'm just helping you out." He says a bit uncomfortably.

"Well thank you, for helping me out, it really means a lot to me."

He clears his throat before quietly uttering "You're Welcome, it's no problem."

I nod at him and when I do, I could have sworn that I saw him blush for the second time today.