Two: Adventures in the Attic

CHAPTER                                               II

      PARKER DREW UP HER HAND TO KNOCK AGAINST PHOEBE'S OLD ROOM, a warm smile on her lips when she opened the door to see her sister settling in quite nicely all things considered

PARKER DREW UP HER HAND TO KNOCK AGAINST PHOEBE'S OLD ROOM, a warm smile on her lips when she opened the door to see her sister settling in quite nicely all things considered. Phoebe widened her eyes at the beautiful sight of food in Parker's hands. It was just a ham and cheese sandwich and some chips. Nothing too fancy. She wasn't blessed with the cooking gene like Piper and their Grams were, though the latter did try to get her into the kitchen as much as she could, but the best Parker could do was boil water and make sandwiches. "Thank God! I'm starving."

  "I thought you might be." Parker chuckled. Anyone who missed an opportunity to eat Piper's cooking was a fool. Her eyes then caught sight of the television, the ten o'clock news playing on mute. "What happened?"

  "Oh, some woman got whacked," Phoebe answered before digging in, Parker snorting at her choice of words. Breaking one of the chips in half, Phoebe asked, "Why didn't you tell Prue I was coming?"

Parker's brow quirked up, her face deadpanned. "Is that even a question? If I told her before tonight, you and I both would be stuck outside because she would've changed the locks."

  "Good point, Chicken Little." The girl smiled at the nickname. "I'm sorry... for leaving you here to deal with all of this. I mean, it's just so hard to talk to her. She's always been more like a mother than a sister."

Parker shrugged, "No, I get it. I just wish you would've taken me with you, is all."

"You had just gotten accepted into college, Parker. There was no way I was gonna take that away from you."

  "Yeah, but still." Parker sighed dramatically.

There was a knock on the door and the two turned to see Prue standing there with a comforter in her arms, "This was always the coldest room in the house." She placed it on the bedrest. A peace offering. Calling it a truce for a night.

  "Thanks," Phoebe's voice was small.

Prue remained silent, only nodding before she left them alone for the night. Phoebe watched as Parker's bronze-browned eyes popped open wide, an idea brewing behind the tiny windows. Skeptically, she questioned to which the girl simply replied with, "I have an idea."