Three

[Y/N]'s POV

One week later

The day is passing by calmly, and you are surprised how your smile has never faded since you set sail.

These four young men emit a warm, caring light that brightens even your deepest worries, which never let you truly rest for the past weeks.

Shanks has barely left your side. Sometimes Benn almost shoos him away as if their own Captain was just an ungrateful and whiny kitten, but the redhead always finds his way back to you, with whatever reason he can find.

Right now, you are all in the kitchen, except for Roux, who is standing guard, partly not to eat the ingredients before they make it to the stew.

Shanks is by your side, a little clumsily cutting up a piece of carrot (because Benn insisted the group must eat its daily dose of vegetables).

You sigh deeply when the man cuts his finger and wails silently, then take the knife out of his hand and show him how to cut nicely while keeping his hands safe.

The great Akagami Shanks pouts at you with such pique that you pout back and stab the blade into the cutting board, less than an inch far from his hand, to which the blood runs out of his pretty face, and your victorious grin returns.

"Benn, I don't like her," states the redhead, taking his slight wound to his lips.

"Good, you can go clean the bathroom if you don't wanna be here," answers the older man, and your smile grows as you hear from his voice how entertained he is.

"But it's your turn!" shouts back Shanks outragedly, to which his friend looks back over his shoulder from the stove.

"Luckily I get along with her well," he says calmly, turning his grey eyes to you. "Don't we, princess?"

You giggle like a child and twirl a little, and all of you start laughing as Shanks' face turns deep red, and he shouts at you to shut up.

But despite all his cursing, the boy stays by your side and starts cutting the way you showed him, and the sight warms your heart.

You start to feel bad for teasing him all the time and stroke his crimson cheeks, then turn his head as gently as possible, stealing a brief, soft kiss from his sweet lips without the other two noticing.

You whisper a silent sorry to his ear so the others can't hear it.

The man smiles from your touch, then takes on his hat to hide his expression from his friends, which makes you flustered too, as you turn back to your job.

"You know, [Y/N]," says Yasopp suddenly, and you raise your eyes at him. "It's funny how we understand you so well, even if you are quiet all the time."

"We can help that," smirks Shanks, regaining his attitude as soon as his friends look back.

You roll your eyes and stomp on his foot as he purses his lips for a kiss. The man cries out from the slight pain and jumps on one leg.

"Of course we understand her," answers Benn, tightening his purple apron a little as he stirs the stew. "All she does is bully our Captain."

You raise an eyebrow but don't react else way. Shanks looks up, hopeful for any kind of support, but his Vice Captain continues.

"Which is, of course, completely understandable."

And you start laughing voicelessly again.

You have no idea why Benn stands by you this much despite how he looks so serious and dark at first sight, but you grow to like him more each minute.