Chapter 37 - Emerson

I couldn't stop thinking about Lafayette. Our Monday, Wednesday, and Friday plan went out the window quickly. We were making out almost everyday. It was disruptive to our work. I barely went to my apartment anymore. We were either in the flat or at his townhouse. If we were at his townhouse we were making out in the hot tub. By the end of February, making out was just a part of our daily routine.

"We have to get back to work," Lafayette said, standing by his desk as I kissed his neck.

"I don't have any work to do," I whispered and then continued kissing his neck, my hands rubbing over his chest.

"We actually are very behind on getting ready for the gala," he said, gently grabbing my wrists and putting them to my side.

"So much of it is already taken care of," I said, pouting.

"We need to rehearse what I am going to say. I mean, I have to talk in front of what - thirty different crowds in thirty different cities?"

We were going to embark on our travels soon. Lafayette was essentially doing a "fashion tour" across the globe, and specifically in "underrated" fashion cities, which basically just meant not Paris or Milan. New York City was one of the biggest fashion capitals, of course, but since we lived here then we were going to include it as a soft launch.

"You are the writer here. You're supposed to help me," he said.

"Fine. Let me read it. You can read my article in the meantime," I said.

"You've got a rough draft finally?" He sat down in his chair.

"Yes, finally. It's not the best and is quite the rough draft. You can be completely honest with your feedback," I said, leaning against his desk.

"I will send you the speech and you can send me the draft."

"Fine," I said, stepping away, but then he grabbed my hand and swung me around, pulling me onto his lap and kissing me deeply.

I straddled his lap the best I could in his desk chair while also trying to restrain myself from getting too horny. Through Lafayette's office door, and through our kissing, we managed to hear the door to my office open. I jumped off of his lap and straightened my hair, trying to catch my breath and look like I was being productive.

Michael walked into Lafayette's office without knocking. He stopped when he entered, examining us. "Hi," he said. "What are you guys doing?"

"I'm about to read his speech," I said.

"Good," he said. "I was just coming in to make sure it was going to be finished today."

"It will be. I promise," Lafayette said with a nod.

"It better be. Em, make sure Lafayette finishes."

I blushed. "Will do."

Michael stood still, looking between us. "Quit being weird," he said before leaving.

We stayed silent for a moment. Then when I turned to Lafayette, he tried to hide a laugh. "We've gotta keep that behind doors," he said.

"You're right," I said. "But it's also kind of fun."

"No," he said, shaking his head, but smiling. "Not fun."

"Fine. Be that way," I said.

Instead of going to my desk I went into the flat, glancing over my shoulder back at Lafayette. He didn't take long to follow me, shutting the door and locking it. We made out on his bed for a few, until we actually really seriously had to get to work. I went to my desk while he went to his, the door shut, to help keep us apart. I read his speech he would be giving at all of the different shows to be held at our traveling endeavors. We were going to leave March 14th and return June 16th. I was a little nervous about traveling and being away for so long, but I knew I would be in good hands (physically and metaphorically). Everyone was going - Emilio, Michael, Carla, Marion. Sasha was going. Sydney was going to join for two weeks in May on a vacation. Lafayette was kind enough to pay for her travels. Don and Jerry were going to join, basically just as a long vacation. Unfortunately, Marcus was also going to join us to help with the models.

Lafayette didn't own a private jet, but we were going to essentially "rent" a private jet because it would be easier for the size of the group going. Then we would be staying in some very nice hotels all over the world.

We were going to start in Mexico, then travel to Brazil, Peru, Uruguay, Colombia, and Panama. Then we were going to head over to Africa and go to Botswana, Mauritius, Mozambique, Seychelles, and South Africa. After Africa we were going to Australia. From there we were going to India, Thailand, Jordan, Georgia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Nepal. Then we were going to Germany, Denmark, Belgium, and Austria. Lastly, we were going to go to Montreal and then home.

Lafayette only wanted to go to countries where it was not illegal to be gay. Not all of these countries had legal same-sex marriage, but it was only a decade ago that the US didn't federally have it legal either. So Lafayette was also seeking to employe LGBTQ+ models from the countries we were visiting to help push for more LGBTQ+ rights and protections there. Lafayette also had many connections in these places, and most of those connections were part of the LGBTQ+ community.

Lafayette hadn't been to all of these countries, only a handful. I was a little nervous but still looking forward to it. Mom told me to take as many pictures as possible. Alicia told me to share everything on Instagram because that was the only social media site she used. I didn't use it often, but I figured it could be fun to designate it as a little travel blog.

I went into Lafayette's office. "I think your speech is good," I said. "I wouldn't change anything for fear of making it not sound like you."

He nodded. "Thank you. Your article is quite...good," he said, smiling at me. "It's very weird reading about yourself through the eyes of another. I think you may have been too generous to me."

"Well, half of it is just stuff you said to me," I said. "Are the photos okay?" In the article, I had a few photos of Lafayette from the shoot layed out between paragraphs. I had edited them to the best of my ability.

"Yeah," he said softly, looking at the computer. "You did a good job with them."

"Thank you," I said, trying not to smile too big.

"I've sent it over to Carla for review. If she approves then it will be published probably in about two weeks."

"Cool," I said, holding my hands behind my back.

"You know, I can always take a photo shoot of you. I much prefer to be behind the camera anyway. Marion would also be thrilled," he said.

"I don't know. I'm not very photogenic," I said.

He stood up and walked up to me, standing too close. "I think you are very photogenic," he said. "But if you wish."

"You can take some of me when we travel," I said. "I'll need good ones to send back to the family. Otherwise Alicia will kill me."

"Sounds like a plan."

We stood close to each other for a minute, smirking, until Lafayette finally pulled me into the flat and we made out until lunch when we got hungry. The next couple of days were filled with getting ready for our travels while sneaking makeout sessions. We had a small soft-launch in the city. Then, we were boarding the plane and setting off to Mexico City.