Devil's Pit

Toronto, Canada.

A place he's been multiple times with the WWE as the fan favorite. The one whom the crowd wanted to win, but tonight, this was the first time people actively prayed on his downfall. He knew everybody in Toronto wanted Edge to win, but he didn't care.

Tonight, Y/N would have to be a sadist to win, and he wouldn't bat an eyelid because he came here to retain his title by any means.

Tonight, he was the villain in Edge's fabled story where the hero returned home, but Y/N didn't care about his story.

To him, hostile territory was the only way to describe the city he'd been in for the last couple of days. He avoided fans, electing to spend the entire week training just determined to beat Edge.

He's been finding it hard to sleep while he was in Toronto as he was brimming with anticipation just waiting for the match because tonight was the chance to free his frustrations as he could get his hands on Edge.

The one time he managed to get a good night's sleep on the day of the match with exhaustion and training finally catching up to him, he was woken up by a phone call at seven in the morning interrupting his slumber.

He answers the phone call from his mom as he checks the time. He mutters "7:32" slightly astonished he slept for twelve hours but still felt tired. He finally answered the phone call groggily and said, "Hey Mom. I'm trying to sleep it's seven in the morning."

A childish voice interrupts him as she shouts over the phone "No it's not! It's midday! Wake up, big bro! Stop being lazy!"

Y/N moves the phone away from his ear, perturbed by his little sister's loud and energetic voice so early in the morning. Y/N said gently, "Why are you shouting?"

"You're so far away. How else are you going to hear me?!"

Y/N tried not to laugh at his sister's innocence. "Bubbles, when you call, I can hear you from the other side of the phone."

"Bubbles?"

Y/N states, "Obviously, you should be called Bubbles after my favorite Powerpuff Girl. You told me to watch it after all."

S/N starts to laugh giddily. "She's my favorite as well."

"I know that bubs, but why are you calling? Don't you have school today? "

"No. It was canceled because the banks are on holiday."

Y/N nodded his understanding as he moved and questioned "Bubbles did Mum agree on this call?"

"Yeah?"

She wasn't a good liar just like him. Maybe it ran through their genetics. "You don't sound so sure."

She says slightly downtrodden as her voice breaks. "I'm s-sorry."

"Hey, there's nothing to be sorry for. I'm not mad at you."

She says with relief growing in her voice. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Where is this coming from?"

"Mummy said you've been mad a lot lately. Are you mad at me?"

"I could never be mad at you and Mum."

The early worry evaporated as she burst into a fit of giggles. "I did take Mum's phone. Mum is busy with work and I'm bored." Her earlier burst of giggles disappeared as she said solemnly,"And I missed you."

"I know I missed you too. I'll be back at Christmas, and you can wake me up again by jumping on my bed, and we can do whatever you want."

"Remember the mountain of presents."