Saving the Day

Y/N was a lot of things. It just depended on who you asked.

If you asked his mother she would say he was courageous and dashing. If you asked his little sister he was tall and funny. If you asked his friends he was trustworthy and altruistic. If you asked his opponents he was a respect-worthy but a pain in the arse however all those people would agree that he was a hothead.

So when he saw Finn and Damian go to end Rey's career with a conchairto after Finn's match. He didn't have to think. He knew the doctors were going to clear him tonight. So, Y/N's mindset was to prove that he was 100% fit and ready to go tonight.

He came steaming out of the back, taking the fight to Damian, who ran out to greet him but got a spinebuster onto the steel ramp. Y/N entered the ring to see Finn, who was still holding the steel chair. Finn throws the steel chair away pointing at him as he shouts, "We give you chance after chance, and this is how you repay us."

Y/N didn't have to hear anymore Y/N superkicked Finn before throwing him out of the ring. Y/N might have fallen for a trap because Rhea was still on the apron, watching him with her eyes being unreadable. Y/N stared at her while checking on Rey, who was fine.

Rhea doesn't even break her stare, keeping her eyes firmly locked on him as she drops off the apron. It was unnerving him he didn't even notice when he got past the microphone. Y/N quickly turned nodding his appreciation before he took a deep breath, trying to clear his mind off Rhea.

"You know, two weeks ago I didn't fight you two. It wasn't because I was still thinking about joining Judgement Day. That ship sailed a long time ago. It was because I could barely move my arm, let alone fight, but tonight.

He rips his shirt off making a show of it as he shows the arm had its normal range of motion even if there was a dull ache it was much better than it was a month ago.

"I feel like I can carry the weight of the world on my shoulders again. So I want a match tonight!" The crowd cheers as Y/N continues, "So whose is it going to be?" 

We don't have all night long. So, will it be the one with the biggest balls in the group, Rhea? Who keeps staring at me like she wants a piece, or will it be the big guy with nothing good to say, Damian? Or would it be my old friend Finn Balor?"

Finn says, "You don't want to fight me? Your old friend, remember?"

Y/N scoffs, "Yeah old friend. You're right." Y/N turns pointing at "Damian, get your arse in the ring."

Before it can go any further, Adam Pearce comes out backstage shouting, "No! This is not happening right now."

"Come on, Pearce. The crowd wants to see it and I want it to happen tonight! I've waited two weeks for this."

"It doesn't matter." The crowd boos "There's something already scheduled right now to start. But there is no main event tonight. So it will be Y/N L/N vs. Damian Priest for the United States Champion in the Main Event tonight."

The crowd pops as Y/N was getting excited. It was the first time he could get his hands on Damian Priest in a single competition since Damian joined Judgement Day he was hoping to beat some sense into him.

Jey Uso was the frequent main eventer on Smackdown but on Raw, it was the Y/N scene. It seemed like every week he was involved in the main event but this time was different. He could finally get his hands on Damian Priest in a single competition since Damian joined Judgement Day.

Later in the night, Y/N was wrapping the Kinesio tape around his previously injured shoulder in his locker room. Maybe it wasn't 100 percent, but Y/N was ready to go. So that's the only opinion that mattered to him.

He was just about finished when his locker room door opened, revealing Dominik Mysterio. Y/N gets up to greets the fellow second-generation superstar. Y/N daps Dom while saying, "What's up, man? How's the old man?"

"He's been better his getting medical attention right now. I just wanted to say thank you for saving him not just from me but it's from everybody. You didn't have to. It means a lot to us."

"No worries, man. I'm just doing what anyone would have done."

"Then let me return the favor. If the other members of Judgement Day get involved, I got your back."

"Dawg, it's fine. You stay with your pops. I'll handle them. I'm more of a solo act anyway."

Dom smiles. "If that's what you want. Just stay safe out there."

Y/N smiles responding "Yeah you too."

Y/N was left preparing for ways how to defeat somebody he used to call a friend.