The Rose-Red Tyrant [3/?]

𝘈 𝘎𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘚𝘱𝘢𝘵/𝘚𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘖𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴/𝘌𝘨𝘨 𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘺𝘦𝘳𝘴/𝘗𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘐𝘮𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴

𝘚𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘢 𝘧𝘦𝘸 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘰, 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘢 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳

𝘪𝘮 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘧 𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵, 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘴/𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘴𝘦𝘦
𝘪𝘮 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴𝘯𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭

-<>-

As soon as class ended you were quickly whisked away by Yuu and Grim who had forgotten where the garden was but somehow memorized your classroom they've never been to before. Odd, but you don't care enough to ask.
The second you met up with Ace and Deuce, Grim walks into the garden, looking at all the chestnuts on the ground that have fallen from the trees since he was more at eye-level with them. "Whoa! There really are a ton of chestnuts just layin' around. I'm gonna be livin' large on chestnut tarts! Mmm! Let's get grabbin'" He goes to grab one but gets his paw pricked as a result. "YOWCH!" He yelps, yanking his paw away. "Myah! The chestnut spines pricked my paws!"

"I don't think we can do this with our bare hands. And we need something to put them in, too." Deuce says, watching as Grim claws at Yuu's legs, begging to be picked up as he now no longer wants to participate in the collecting of chestnuts.

"Maybe we can find some supplies in the botanical garden?" Ace surveys the surrounding area as if there would just be some random supplies laying around conveniently. Unsurprisingly he finds nothing so he turns to you as if you'd know where the supplies were. You don't as too many students come in here and move things around for their classes.

"[Name]-senpai, do you know where the garden supplies is?" Deuce asks before Ace could, a hopeful glint in his eyes. He doesn't want to be here anymore than he already has to (just like you) but sadly you must disappoint him along with everyone else.

"No."

"You suck at being an upperclassman." The cat no longer has any rights in your eyes so you're just going to ignore his little comment.
"Shh! Grim, he's doing his best. Don't be rude to him." Yuu holds a finger up to Grims mouth who just growls and looks away from the boy, leaving him to give you an apologetic smile.

Deuce sighs, "Let's take a look around then." Queing your group to go further into the garden.

Following the path, you pass many different plants of all types, some piqued the first years interest but they didn't want to stop and ask about it, they doubted you knew anything anyways.
But they were quickly proven wrong when Yuu moved to stay in line with you, pointing to plants and asking questions about the ones he didn't recognize.
"What's that?"
"Athelas."
"What does it do?"
"It's used for healing potions."
"What about that one?"
"Dittany, basically does the same thing."
"And that one?"
"..Bat-thorn."
"..."
"..."
Yuu waits quietly, expecting you to explain its uses but after a few seconds he realizes you aren't going to.
"Uhm.. and what does it do?"
"..."
"..."
"...Stuff."
"What kind of stuff?"
"Protection against vampires."

"Vampires? Wait, vampires exist in this world?" Yuu wants to go home even more now if vampires really exist here. What's next? Werewolves?

"I don't think so?" Deuce had always assumed that vampires were just a myth, but then why are there plants that are specifically used against them? Well, theres also garlic but you can cook with that, right? "Can you cook with bat-thorn?" Deuce asks you.