#Islamic Short Story 16

With hands settled on his chest, Nouman began his prayer. The familiar verses of Surah Al-Fatihah flowed from his tongue, calming his mind and centering him. As he transitioned to the next surah,he recited  Surah Al-Munafiqun.

Suddenly, a playful giggle cut through the quiet. On the edge of his prayer rug, his one-year-old, his pride and joy, was attempting to stand for the first time. The urge to witness this incredible moment was powerful.

But then, the words he recited resonated in his ears. 

"O believers! Do not let your wealth or your children divert you from the remembrance of Allah. For whoever does so, it is they who are the [true] losers." (Surah Al-Munafiqun, verse 9)

A pang of guilt washed over him. As much as he wanted to see his child's achievement, the Quran's message struck a chord. He didn't want to be counted among the losers. With a determined sigh, Nouman gently refocused on his prayer, the powerful verses guiding him back to his connection with الله عز وجل (Allah ʿAzza wa Jal)

Every sound from his child tested his concentration. Yet, with each passing moment, his resolve grew stronger. He knew he could celebrate this precious milestone later. Right now, honoring his prayer held the greater significance.

Note:

{This story is a fictionalized account of a real-life experience shared by Nouman Ali Khan in a public lecture.}