Somethings off?

Y/N slowly awakens to the rhythmic beeping of a monitor, her eyes fluttering open as she groans in discomfort. The room is bathed in a bright white light, and she realizes she is in a medbay. Several doctors are gathered at a desk, engaged in conversation. A doctor with honey brown hair notices her stirring and approaches with a warm smile.

"Good morning, Y/N. I'm Dr. Smith," he says gently. "We're all so glad to see you awake. How are you feeling?"

Y/N struggles to sit up, wincing as pain shoots through her body. "I-I feel like I've been hit by a truck," she manages to say, her voice weak.

Dr. Smith nods sympathetically. "You took quite a fall, but you're going to be okay. You're lucky to be alive."

Y/N's eyes widen in realization. "What happened? Where am I?"

"You were in a serious accident, but you're in the medbay of Task 141. You're safe now," Dr. Smith explains, his voice reassuring.

Y/N takes a moment to process the information, feeling a mix of relief and confusion. She looks around the room, noticing the other doctors bustling about, tending to various patients.

"Thank you, Dr. Smith. I appreciate everything you've done for me," Y/N says gratefully.

Dr. Smith smiles warmly. "It's all part of the job. Just focus on resting and recovering. We'll take care of the rest."

Y/N listens intently as Dr. Smith explains her injuries – a broken arm, numerous cuts, and other injuries sustained during the rescue mission. As she absorbs the information, she notices Soap walking into the room with a gentle smile. Despite still bearing some bruises, he appears mostly healed, with only a few bandages covering his arms and shoulders.

Dr. Smith notices the silent exchange between Y/N and Soap and smiles knowingly. "It seems like you have a good friend here, Y/N. It's always helpful to have someone by your side during times like these."

Y/N nods, feeling comforted by Soap's presence. "Thank you, Dr. Smith. And thank you, Soap, for being here," she says softly, her voice filled with emotion.

Soap pulls up a chair beside Y/N's bed and sits down, his gaze filled with concern. "Of course, Y/N. I wouldn't have it any other way. We went through a lot out there, but we made it back. You're a tough one."

Y/N chuckles weakly, appreciating the lightness in Soap's words amidst the seriousness of their situation. "You're not so bad yourself, Soap. Thanks for always having my back."

Soap's smile widens, a glint of pride in his eyes. "That's what partners are for, right? We look out for each other. And we'll get through this together, stronger than ever."

Y/N watches as Dr. Smith walks away, leaving her alone with Soap. She turns to him, noticing the faint bags under his eyes, a sign of the toll the recent events had taken on him. Concerned, she asks, "How long was I out? And how is Ghost? I haven't seen our Lieutenant in quite some time."

Soap's expression softens as he takes a moment to collect his thoughts. "You've been unconscious for a few weeks. Ghost is... he's holding up as best as he can. It's been tough on all of us, but we're managing."

Y/N nods, understanding the gravity of the situation. She reaches out to grasp Soap's hand, offering him a comforting squeeze. "I'm sorry you had to go through all of this. We'll get through it together, just like before."

Soap returns the gesture. "We always have each other's backs, Y/N. We'll make it through this, no matter what."

Y/N watches Soap carefully as he continues to share his concerns. "Everyone has been acting very differently since the mission," he begins, his voice tinged with worry. "More cold, more quiet. I'm particularly worried about..." Soap hesitates, halfway saying Simon before correcting himself and saying, "But, more importantly, Ghost. He's been... different. More cold, more aggressive than usual."

Intrigued by Soap's words, Y/N speaks up, her voice laced with curiosity. "I never saw Ghost. What did you mean by him being more aggressive, Soap?"

Soap's expression reflects a mix of hesitation and concern as he tries to find the right words. "It's like he's on edge all the time, ready to snap at the slightest provocation. His actions have been more reckless, and he's been isolating himself from the rest of the team. It's not like him, Y/N. Something's not right."

Y/N furrows her brow, trying to piece together the fragments of memory she has from the mission. "I... I don't remember much. Was there something that happened out there that could have changed him like this?"

Soap's gaze softens as he observes Y/N's confusion. "There were some intense moments, Y/N. But nothing that should have caused this drastic shift in Ghost. I can't shake the feeling that there's more to it than we know."

Y/N, still grappling with fragments of memory from the mission, turns to Soap with a furrowed brow. "Soap, what happened when we were kidnapped? I can't seem to piece it all together."

Soap takes a deep breath, his expression turning somber as he recalls the harrowing events. "Ghost and I were the ones they targeted, Y/N. They knew so much about us, about our backgrounds, about our connections. They kept trying to get information about someone, but I never told them a thing."

Y/N's eyes widen in shock as she realizes the extent of the danger they were in. "They knew about Ghost and you? How could they have so much information?" she asks, her voice filled with concern.

Soap's gaze darkens with the weight of the memories. "I don't know, Y/N. It was as if they had been studying us for a long time, waiting for the right moment to strike. They wanted to break us, to make us reveal what they were after."

Y/N shudders at the thought of the manipulation and deceit they were subjected to, her heart aching for what Soap and Ghost endured. "I can't imagine the strength it took to endure that, Soap."