three girls

8k 8k 8 FRICKEN THOUSAND READS

8k 8k 8 FRICKEN THOUSAND READS. EIGHT. THOUSAND. READS. I. CAN. NOT. you guys are amazing and i'm soooo so so so EXCITED about this. thank you guys for loving my book. pls pls PLEASE keep reading it🥹🥹🥹

paige was more nervous for this competition then she had been in ages. not only was the competition against other studios stiff, but she was competing the exact same solo as maddie and chloe. not only that, but the group dance had a heavy message that was very personal to paige.

the solos were first, and she was nervous.

"paige, maddie, chloe, come here please." the three girls walked over to miss abby. "you guys are here to prove who is the strongest dancer. but what's most important is that i want a first second and third place."

the girls all nodded.

"now go out there and show them that the abby lee dance company is here to win." paige smiled. she felt her nerves bubble up again, and abby noticed. "paige, stick around for a minute. maddie, chloe, run your dances please."

they did as they were told.

"what's on your mind?" abby asked. paige shook her head.

"i'm just nervous." she shook out her shoulders and her hands. "i'll be okay, i think i need to run it once more."

abby nodded.

"do it here, let me watch." paige began to rehearse her choreography for abby. "straighen the back of your knee. lift through your arms!"

paige took every correction to heart and made sure to apply them. before she knew it, they were being ushered backstage to get ready for their performance.

"use your face." maddie instructed the other two girls. "we're all gonna do amazing."

"yes! face. but don't let your techniques go either." paige said. they all nodded at each other. "should we do it?"

chloe nodded.

"one two three four five six seven eight, one two three four five six seven eight, one two three four five six seven eight, one two three four five six seven eight, one two three four, one two three four, one two three four, one two three four." they shook out their hands and feet as they always did for their pre-performance workout. "one two, one two, one two, one two, one, one, one, one, kiss kiss, knee knee, knock knock."

they wrapped each other in a hug.

"next up is entry number 64, maddie." maddie made her way onto the stage. her performance was not her best, and by the looks of her face when she came off stage, she knew it.

"that was the worst i've ever danced." she shook her head but didn't cry. "i fell out of all my turns."

"it's okay," paige whispered, "everyone is allowed bad days."