modeling

kelly woke paige gently the morning after competition, but paige was not ready to get up

kelly woke paige gently the morning after competition, but paige was not ready to get up. she groaned and threw the blanket back over her head. kelly laughed.

"paigey, it's time to get up." kelly whispered, rubbing her daughters back. "we've got the dance track photoshoot today, remember?"

that got her attention. paige flung the covers off her and immediately shot out of bed.

"well why didn't you say so!" she began rushing around the room, getting clothes ready and looking at her makeup. kelly laughed.

"alright silly slow down. abby has hair and makeup artists coming in and she's got outfits for all of you guys. i made you an omelet, come downstairs when you're ready!" kelly walked back down the stairs. paige smiled.

"thanks mom!"

she brushed her teeth and hair and applied a base coat of makeup before going downstairs to dig into her mothers delicious omelet.

the morning passed in a blur for paige, brooke, and kelly, and before they knew it they were at the studio waiting to have their photos taken.

"chloe!" paige rushed over to chloe as soon as she walked in the door. chloe was having her hair done. "what's everyone's character gonna be?"

chloe laughed as the makeup artist sat paige down next to her.

"well, kendall is the mean girl, i'm the punk rock rebel stereotype, maddie is the teachers pet," paige cackled, "kenzie is the nerd, and nia is the gymnast. did abby tell you who you and brooke are gonna be?"

paige shook her head.

"not yet." as if on cue, abby walked over, brooke in tow. "hi miss abby! who do me and brooke get to be?"

abby laughed at paige's enthusiasm.

"paige, you're the golden child. similar to the teachers pet except you're all done up, pretty, popular, the works. and brooke, you're the acrobat, circus freak kind of deal." brooke and paige both gasped.

"thank you thank you thank you!" paige squealed. "i'm so excited!"

abby nodded.

"i'll be back to check on you guys when makeup is done, alright?" the girls bid her adieu and she left the room.

"golden girl is so fitting." chloe teased. paige laughed.

brooke had gone to sit next to maddie and mackenzie to have her hair and makeup done. the whirlwind that was hair and makeup was over as quickly as it started, and abby had the girls lined up in the order they were being photographed.

"i wanna start with chloe, then we're gonna have paige go, then maddie, then kenzie, brooke, kendall, and nia." the girls nodded. "alright chloe, let's go!"

the photographer took chloe and got her started. paige watched with anticipation as her best friend began to feel more confident in her modeling.

"work it chlobird!" paige called. the moms and abby all laughed at the innocence in her voice.

"alright paige, your turn!" paige stood up and squealed slightly. she took her spot and immediately took off posing.

"wow, you're a natural!" the photographer cried. "paige, is it?"

paige nodded.

"well, i'd like to give you my card. we're always looking for more children to model for clothing lines. is your mom around?" paige nodded.

"she's talking to miss abby, the one in the heels." the photographer nodded. "thank you!"

the photographer made his way over to abby and kelly, paige following a few steps behind. they both paused when they heard the conversation.

"i know kelly, but you've gotta understand, i want what's best for paige. i want what's best for her and her career. same as you do as her mom." abby was telling kelly. kelly sighed.

"i know. and i trust you, but i just wanna be on the same page about my paige." they both chuckled. "she really wants to do other things too, she loves modeling. she loves to dance obviously but i know she wants to act."

abby nodded.

"i agree. she should do other things. i'm having gianna look into bringing an acting coach into the studio to work with the elite team. and i want her to pursue activities outside the studio as well, i just want to make sure you're not seeking things out that are shady and i wouldn't approve of."

"i know. and i wouldn't do that, i wanna make sure you're involved in whatever it is we're doing."

paige let out a breath she didn't realize she was holding as the conversation wrapped up and kelly noticed paige standing there.

"hi peanut!" kelly held her arms out for paige. "how are you?"

"mom it was so good!" she pointed behind her. "the photographer wants to give you a card."

paige rushed over to the rest of the girls as the photographer spoke to kelly.

"what were abby and your mom talking about?" maddie asked.

"they were talking about my career." paige said. "i thought they might've been fighting at first but i guess they were just talking out their issues."

"i'm so glad your mom is back." maddie said back. paige nodded.

"i missed having her around." paige continued talking to maddie until the photographer came back over and summoned maddie.

maddie's pictures came out absolutely adorable, as did kenzie's, and kendall, nia, and brooke played their characters so well.

the girls absolutely adored every part of the day. abby was smiling and the moms weren't fighting, and most importantly, the girls got to spend it with each other.