Baraah ~ Twelve

~ Fourth ~

"WHAT?" I asked wide eyed, gaping after a pause of thirty seconds, it is what it took for me to even open my mouth and ask.

"He said he likes me." Non repeated looking devastated.

I am already having a hard time figuring out how to deal with Gemini. And now with this...

"I think we should come clean." Non said.

"Are you nuts? We have no such choice." I snapped.

"Why are you behaving like this?"

"Because Ge..." Gemini... What will Gemini think of me? And why am I thinking about it?

"What?"

"Nothing. Juts know that, we need to think of a solution other than this."

I left the room. Non is right. And that should be my statement. But I am instead running away. What the hell is happening with me?

No! This won't do. Before he gets into my head, I will have to tell Gemini that I have nothing to do with him.

Nothing. At. All.

~ Nanon ~

There are many reasons due to which people avoid going to office. But nobody would have a reason like mine. But what can I do? I don't even know a reason to apply for leave now.

"Good morning." Somebody said in a croaky voice near my ear making me jump and I turned to see head honcho smirking at me.

"G-g-g-g-good m-morning." I replied rubbing my ear which was feeling hot.

He smiled wide and nodded before walking to his cabin.

Was I so lost that I did not hear his footsteps?

"Nanon, bring me the files and schedule for today. Also, I want you to study tax policy annexure renewed by the government." He said peeking from the cabin door.

I was unable to reply and so I just gapes. He was gone in his cabin while I stayed there thinking. 'Can this guy really like me if he works me like a donkey? No way, right?'

I thought about many theories at night.

Maybe head honcho doubts me like Aryan did and wants me to come confess the truth. So, he is knowingly making it all confusing?

Or maybe, as a kind of narcissist, he may still think that despite the contract, Nimi does like him. And so, he wants to make it all difficult for her?

Or he is actually a psycho and does anything and everything to piss off people around him?

Or he likes some other guy and he is afraid of being called out as gay. So, he is covering up by this mess which nobody will reveal?

Or he has some other secret reason behind it all which he will reveal after destroying my family?

Or he knows the truth?

Last option is kind of vague. Because he isn't someone who will let others fool him. If he catches my lies, I will be fired.

None of my options tell me that he may actually like me. The way he has behaved so far is just like a boss. How can it be from someone who likes me?

Not possible. This guy is impossible to decipher.