Rumours

06:00, Sunday, 12th September, 1993

It was Sunday morning, and I had just woken up to the chirping of the morning birds. I decided that I was going to put a bit more effort into my outfit today. I ended up going with my black tube top and skirt, along with a large, black cardigan that drooped off my shoulders. This is a lot different than my normal weekend outfit, which usually looks something like this:

Anyway, I ran down into the green common room to find Draco Malfoy slumped on the sofa as always, this time fidgeting with his wand

Anyway, I ran down into the green common room to find Draco Malfoy slumped on the sofa as always, this time fidgeting with his wand. He looked up at me and I paused, wide-eyed as I waited for him to say something.

"Well come on then, sit down," he said impatiently, breaking the long silence and making a gesture towards an empty armchair.

"Oh, sorry," I said in a very quiet, shy voice. I rushed to the armchair, throwing myself onto the soft cushion.

"What's with the outfit?" Draco said, pointing to my tube top and skirt (I had put the cardigan on the arm of the chair next to me).

"I dunno," I replied. "Where's Crabbe and Goyle?"

"Still in bed," I then heard him mutter under his breath; "Lazy pigs,"

25 minutes later, the whole Slytherin gang was in the common room, except Crabbe and Goyle.

"How long do they need to sleep?" I called out, breaking yet another long silence.

We all talked for about 5 more minutes before I stood up, looking at the watch my Father had mailed me last week.

"06:35, breakfast started five minutes ago," I announced. "I'm heading to the great hall, anyone wanna come?"

"I'll come!" Daphne said excitedly.

Malfoy opened his mouth like he was going to say something, but quickly shut it again.

Breakfast was nothing special. All I had was some waffles with fruit, while Daphne had some cereal. Malfoy and the rest of his gang eventually joined us. We just talked over pancakes and cereal and whatever else you have for breakfast.

After breakfast, we finally got to do something fun. It was the third years' fist trip to hogsmeade! Hogsmeade is a village next to Hogwarts, and apparently it has the best joke shop and sweet shop ever.

When we arrived, I headed straight to Honeydukes sweet shop.

"I'm gonna go to Honeydukes real quick, meet you at the three broomsticks!" I had said to them before running off to enter the sweet shop.

It was brilliant. There was so many sweets. There was a candy floss machine, a lolly pop stand, jars and jars of gumdrops and jaw-breakers and tiny little marshmallows. I grabbed a bag and started filling it up with all my favourite things; Bubble gum, marshmallows, various types of mints, ect. I even picked up some chocolate-covered raisins that make you super happy for the rest of the day (that might not always be a good thing).

I walked out of the sweet shop carrying a large bag full of sweets and a big, fluffy cloud of candy floss on a stick.

Back at when we arrived back at the castle a bit later than the other three houses, there was a lot of murmur and chatter around.

"What's going on?" I whispered to Daphne, feeling a bit awkward with my extra large candy floss.

"I dunno," Daphne whispered back.

I managed to stride close enough to two Hufflepuffs to hear them.

"Sirius Black, in the castle!" one of them said. I gasped.