Defence Against the Dark Arts

12:10, Tuesday, 7th September, 1993

It was defence against the dark arts class with the new teacher, Professor R.J. Lupin. he was the guy with a long scar across his face. We had this class with the Gryffindors, of course we did. Professor Lupin taught us all about a creature called a boggart.

"Boggarts are shapeshifters, they take the shape of whatever a particular person fears the most." the mudblood said.

"Very good, Miss Granger," Professor Lupin said. He then taught us the spell to repel them. The incantation was 'Riddikulus'.

"Riddikulus," the class chorused - without wands - after Professor Lupin.

Midway through learning the incantation, Malfoy muttered; "This class is ridiculous," and Crabbe and Goyle both nodded instantly.

Longbottom did a demonstration, and his greatest fear was Professor Snape. Oh my goodness, he's such a wimp. Anyway, Professor Lupin called him up and whispered something in Longbottom's ear, and Longbottom looked at him like he was crazy (he probably is, mind you). When Lupin opened the wardrobe that supposedly had the creature inside, Professor Snape walked out. Longbottom pulled out his wand with a sweaty hand and spoke in a shaky voice; "Uh... Riddikulus!" Suddenly, old, strange clothes appeared on Professor Snape. Everyone laughed loudly, and the giggles filled the entire room.

"Right, form a line over there please!" Professor Lupin instructed.

Everyone bashed and pushed each other, eventually forming a wonky line. Weasley went first. His biggest fear is spiders. Spiders! I mean, come on, spiders aren't even that bad!

When Weasley cast the spell, roller skates appeared on the spiders eight little feet. Everyone started laughing, and the giggles filled the entire room once again.

Finally the end of the day, Malfoy's Slytherin gang (me, him, Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise, Millicent and Daphne) all went to the common room.

"Me and Daphne are going to bed early, we're both very tired," I said, pulling a confused Daphne off of the sofa. "Bye!"

I pulled Daphne into the girls' dorms and, thankfully, there was no one there. "Um, Pansy, what's going on?" she asked me. I threw her onto the end of her bed.

"I think I like Malfoy," I said, grasping Daphne's shoulders. She gasped.

"OK, no offence girl, but you have no chance," Daphne told me. I already knew that. He is the 'Slytherin prince', (as some people call him) after all.

"Yeah, but I have the best chance of any girl in the entire school."