Cindered Shadows: Wolf Pack

3rd Person POV

Deep in the cathedral underneath Garreg Mach Monastery, Aelfric kneeled beneath an altar; atop it lay a body, the body of a young woman with long flowing green hair... Sitri. Byleth's mother. Sitting atop the woman in her hands was the Chalice of Beginnings, filled to the brim with the blood of the Ashen Wolves. And standing beneath the altar, kneeling down on his knees, was Aelfric. The monk who was willing to lose everything just to bring back the woman he loved. However, as he was praying at the altar, Rhea, along with Byleth, Cloud, their students, and the Knights of Seiros, all arrived, ready to stop Aelfric from enacting his crazy plan to revive Sitri.

 However, as he was praying at the altar, Rhea, along with Byleth, Cloud, their students, and the Knights of Seiros, all arrived, ready to stop Aelfric from enacting his crazy plan to revive Sitri

Rhea: Aelfric, cease this at once.

Aelfric: It is too late. The chalice is filled to its brim with the blood of the four. Should their blood prove insufficient, I will spill even my own blood to finish this.

Rhea: The chalice cannot return her soul, Aelfric. It is incapable even of returning the body to life.

Byleth: Please, you must stop... Mother... She... (Looks down)

Aelfric: Be not afraid. Today, your mother returns to us. The time has come. Perhaps I am not an equal man to him... But I am here by your side, Sitri. Sitri... (Growls) Si...tri...

Suddenly, a red wind started to blow through the area, and Aelfric's body started to change... To morph... His humanity slipped away... He grew larger, sprouted wings from his back, and started growling... It was clear, Aelfric was gone... And in his place...

A monster was created

A monster was created... The Umbral Beast.

Edelgard: The chalice... It absorbed both of them!

Dimitri: That aberration... What is it? An...umbral beast?

Umbral Beast: Sitriii!

Rhea: So I see... It is just as the last time the ritual was performed.

Cloud: Wait, this has happened before?

Balthus: Is this really happening? Aelfric turned into... That thing?!