Chapter 4

KT POV

_A week later._

After a week of recuperating, I felt pretty much fine. The others were quite high-spirited, exploring the Amazon and having a lovely time that I refused to be a part of. So upon the thought that I might feel bored being alone, Minji showed me the library. I spent all my time reading anything and everything I could find on the Amazon geography, while studying the physical and political maps of South America.

"You have a minute?" I looked up and saw MJ walking into the room.

"Well, you're here already aren't you?" I said putting the book in my hand down.

"I thought you went fishing along with the others? What are you doing here?"

"Minji sent me to check up on you." He said, looking around the library.

"That's not very nice Girlie, lying is not good for children." I said and shook my head.

"Says the child." He sat down. "I forgot my fishing rod."

"Is your nose growing long yet, besides I haven't been a child for a long time so I tend to forget my age. Don't let it get to you." I told him and picked up my book. "I'm at a very important plot twist, can't afford to have a conversation."

"You're reading the 'Wimpy Kid' series?" MJ asked in surprise, "I thought you worked all day and never played."

"Ha, ha, ha, ha....." I rolled my eyes at him. "How funny, you should do stand up sometime. I recommend it."

"Since you just helped me to find a future career, I give you one wish." MJ said then added, "Just one."

"Fine, Mr. Genie, I wish for a glass of wine."

"Nope. Underaged."

"You're supposed to grant wishes, that's your job. Not being a bouncer."

"Next."

"Well then, ice cream."

"Now you're talking your age."

"Please, you don't think 13 year olds have nothing but ice cream in their heads these days right?" I asked him. "A lot of them behave more like 30 year olds."

"Now I understand why you're so precocious." He said nodding and sporting an enlightened expression. "No wonder."

"Stop acting like a grandpa and speak for yourself." I returned, "By the way, I'm not precocious. I only act based on what I have experienced. So are you going to get the ice cream or not?"

"Be right back."

I nodded and watched him leave before continuing my book.

......

The dryness of my throat made to look up and take a glance at the wall clock. "Where on the earth is the refreshment genie." I asked aloud and got up to leave.

On my way to the kitchen, a voice stopped me in my tracks.
"I hope you had a safe trip, Grandfather." That's MJ's voice.

"I had a safe trip, you know I always do but I am in a terrible mood Min-Jun." That was a slightly accented voice that I'd recognize even if I died and became ashes.

"If I may, what happened Grandfather?" MJ voice came again.

"I guess I should have expected this." The Grandfather seem to sigh, "She was so strong-willed and stubborn but I still had a bit of hope that I'd break her and mold her into what I wanted. Such a perfect creation."

Hearing the voice from inside the room, I signed lightly, "What a shame." Other people villains appear at the end of their movies, a KO, maybe lose some soldiers and show's over so what the hell did mine come at the beginning of the movie? Where's the scriptwriter and why is the script so unconventional?