ONE

The car door clicked open. Lailah threw her leg out, and dismounted the driver seat. The blue and red lights on the roof of the car blinked continuously, as the police siren continued to go off. She slammed the car door shut behind her back, and turned to the backseat of the car.

The backdoor opened, and Ethan stepped out. He slipped out of the door and pulled on the handcuffs that tied a suited man's hands together. He pulled out the culprit and threw him at Lailah. He looked over his shoulder at the open door, and kicked it close.

Lailah bent her waist behind and grabbed the back collar of the man's black coat. She dragged him inside the police station, as the siren of the police car faded. She dragged him across the wooden floor. The man did his best to balance on his feet and keep up with her pace.

The people sitting at the benches gazed at Lailah, with surprise and proud overflowing out of their eyes. Then, they gazed at Ethan who was moving behind Lailah like a shadow moving with its owner. Suddenly, the shadow separated and Ethan went the other way.

Other policemen hung a smile on their faces as they saw another criminal getting caught. Lailah made her way through the corridor and reaches its end. The familiar wooden door was waiting to be opened by her. She twisted the handle and threw the suited criminal inside the interrogation room. She locked the room from outside and went to the other side where there was another door.

Ethan plugged a pen drive in his laptop and extracted the zip files. There was only one folder and in it, was only one file. The file was an image, but he couldn't open the image. It was encrypted. He booted his file decrypter, and gave it the file. The file was now decrypted.

He double clicked on the file, and he somehow half expected it to have a password. He booted up VS Code and ran his password cracker program. In under a minute, the looing program unlocked the locked image. He finally opened the image and saw a map. He read the text on the side that listed fifteen places and the places were marked on the map.

He immediately sent the image to the printer via Bluetooth, and printed the colorful image. He snatched the paper from the printer and went to the interrogation room.

Lailah was sitting freely on a chair, with her one leg mounted on top of the other. She was gazing at the man with anger in her eyes. Ethan entered the room, and went near the mirror which separated the room in two parts. It wasn't exactly a mirror, but a pane of transparent glass.

Ethan tapped the paper on the glass window that separated the room between the man and Ethan. The paper had the map and it was the exact image he found in the Pen-Drive the man was carrying.

"What is it about?" Ethan asked with authority.

"You'll Never know" The man replied, as he spread his legs and arms, to get comfortable on his wooden chair inside the grey painted room he was put into.

"What's your name?" Lailah asked neutrally, still maintaining authority.

"Its James" The man spoke, as he Stared at Lailah's left chest, "Call me James, Lailah" He said, as he read the nameplate on Her yellowish brown shirt.

"Tell us what this map is about, or else..." Ethan threatened him in a raised voice.

James however, remained calm, and gazed at Ethan's broad chest. "Or else what? Ethan. Or should I call you – a bastard?" James spoke with fearlessness lingering in his brown eyes. "What will you do? What can you do?"

Ethan threw the map on the ground and exited the room I anger.

"Ethan, wait" Lailah said, btu Ethan didn't listen.