Stage 11

Scarlett's POV

As I sit in the family meeting I can't help but feel like I'm forgetting something. Luckily I feel safe being with my family right now because Thomas isn't allowed in the meetings for many reasons. As my mind was all over the place trying to remember what I was supposed to do today someone elbowed me in the side. It was my cousin, Miles, he's aunt Lillian son he really takes after her.

"Bunny you got a lighter? I left mine in my car."

That damn nickname. "I thought we agreed not to call me that ever again?" I reached into my dress pocket pulling out my lighter. "Because if you call me that again I'll slit your throat."

He takes the lighter from me. "Unless you want me to call you Bun, that's what you father calls you." He lights his blunt.

"No, plus get away from me smoking that shit."

My father then slams his fist onto the meeting table. "Scarlett and Miles! If y'all going to kill each other do it outside!"

"Kayden don't yell at my son." Lillian says from across the table.

"I see why you're his father instead of mother." He said before going back to his presentation.

Miles takes a drag from his blunt before blowing it in my face. "Bye Bunny." He throwing my lighter back at me. I rolled my eyes and layed back into my sit before you phone starts going off like crazy. The meeting room went silent and everyone looks at me. Reaching into my pocket grabbing my phone I see nearly 20 messages from Asher thay all say the same thing. "You were supposed to pick me up over 3 hours ago!"

"I have to I'll come back." I stood up leaving the room hiting Miles in the back of the head.

***

Asher got into the passenger sit with duffle bag he frowns at me. Can't do nothing but look at him. "Yea I forgot about picking you up, things got busy last night." Asher didn't say anything but layed back in the seat closing his eyes.

"Just take me to your house."

Fuck. "Unfortunately I can't, there's a meeting I just left and it's not going to end unless I'm there so..." Then I realize that Asher fell the fuck asleep. I snapped my fingures a few times and no respond.

Well isn't this fucking perfect.

Just as I started driving my phone starts ringing and it was Mike. I answered it just so it could stop. "What Mike?"

"I finally got Sadie's autopsy back, she didn't die from old age it was poison."

"What took so long?"

"Turns out Sadie had a son and he wouldn't let us get the body."

"They haven't buried her yet?"

Mike lets out a deep sigh. "Whole family is poor so her body just has been in a freezer the whole time. I also have thoughts this was one of Raymond lapdogs doing, it's not long before he comes for your family."

"I would like to see him try, I'll just repeat history, my father ripped Raymond's brother apart 21 years ago and sent his head to him. But his head will be on a stick in his family home yard."

"Very well then, don't even think about killing someone out of anger."

"Yea yea bye Mike."

————————————————————————

History always repeats itself