11.

The cinema,

The stars that dot the sky,

An empty field,

Car rides down winding roads;

These simple things seem much more grand

When the love of your life is by your side.

Will didn't bother knocking on Alice's bedroom door. He burst in, sharply dressed for the upcoming evening, and looked upon Alice briefly. Alice was burritoed on her bed with her headphones on, silently reading one of her newer books. The look she gave Will when he walked in distinctly said, "don't look at me, talk to me, or come in here."

Of course, Will disregarded these social cues entirely and did just that.

"Hey, sis," he sashayed in and sat on the edge of her bed, far too close for comfort. "Whatcha listenin' to?"

Alice, without looking up from her book, grabbed her phone and turned the screen toward Will.

"MisterWives, huh?" He nodded. "Solid choice. They have quite a few bangers—"

"Literally, why are you in here? I'm right in the middle of the main characters' big blowout argument and I'm in emotional shambles." Alice spat. "And why are you dressed like an amateur butler?"

Will tugged at the edge of his moss green vest and straightened his black tie. "I have a date tonight."

"How do you keep getting asked on dates?"

"Because I'm an honest, loyal, genuine poet boy. Oh, and I'm built like The Rock." Will flashed a smile at Alice, who instinctively rolled her eyes.

"Anyway," she urged.

"Oh, right! I just came in here to extend my deepest apologies." Will replied.

Alice's face morphed from annoyance to confusion. "Uh... what for?"

Will sighed. "I hate to admit it, Buttons, but... I'm sorry for making fun of your cutesy romance books." He looked down at the floor in defeat. "I just finished reading Little Women in Lit, and, in short, it basically changed the course of my entire life. As a writer, I adored the book, but as a reader, I wanted to melt into a puddle of sadness and despair."

Alice raised a brow. "Well, then... Apology accepted?"

"Thank you!" Will exclaimed, hopping off of Alice's bed excitedly. "Finally, my conscience is clear. I can sleep soundly tonight."

"Weirdo." Alice shook her head with a laugh. "Have fun on your date, lover boy. Say hi to Indie for me."

"I will." Will bowed, walking slowly toward the door. "I shall take my leave, dear sister. Parting is such sweet sorrow. Au revoir-"

"Get outta here before I stuff tampons in your ears."

"Roger that, I'm out."

~ * ~

Will pulled into Indie's driveway at precisely 6 o'clock, as promised. He crunched leaves beneath his feet all the way to the doorway, knocking confidently.

After a minute or two had passed, Indie appeared on the other side of the door. She was wearing a bright yellow bell sleeve top, flared jeans with flowers embroidered on both sides, and light brown boots. Her blonde curls were as bouncy as ever, tamed ever so slightly by a yellow bandana that matched her shirt.