10.

I'd enjoy to set up camp

In the place between dreamland and reality

Indie's hair was tied up in two knotty buns. Her hands and overalls were covered with splotches of rainbow-colored paint. She giddily ran into Argyle's Florals, determined to find her father and give him the biggest hug.

Lewis felt Indie latch onto his leg and smiled, picking her up immediately. "Indie-bug!" He exclaimed as he set his young daughter down on the counter next to the cash register. "How was school, daisy?"

"Great! We did finger paints, see?" She eagerly held out her tiny hands.

Lewis laughed, noticing Mae standing by the door. She smiled and waved at her husband, who blew her a kiss before examining Indie's hands. "Wow, you sure did get messy."

"I know," Indie snickered. "I couldn't wait to come see you, daddy!"

"Well, I'm glad you visited, sunshine!" Lewis booped her on the nose. He leaned closer to Indie and whispered in her ear. "Want to make a bouquet for mommy?"

Indie nodded, smiling from ear to ear. She hopped off the counter (with a little help from her dad) and ran to the flower display.

Lewis smiled and greeted his wife with a kiss.

"This is a pleasant surprise," Lewis told Mae, pulling her into an embrace.

"It was Indie's idea. She's daddy's girl at heart." Mae smiled, watching as Indie pulled flowers of every color from the display. "How's business today?"

"Oh, same ol', same ol'... except we had a frantic bride-to-be stop in today and preorder dozens of white roses, so that certainly broke up the day." Lewis laughed to himself. He paused, pushing a piece of loose ginger hair behind Mae's ear. "You're so beautiful."

Mae blushed immediately. "Lewis..." she gushed, giving him a second kiss. "People are gonna wonder why there's a high schooler trapped in your 38 year old body."

Lewis shrugged, adjusting his circular glasses. "I guess I just never grew up... nor did I grow out of loving the woman of my dreams... or the girl of my dreams." He winked.

"That's good to hear," Mae whispered.

All of a sudden, Mae felt a tiny tap on her leg. She looked down and nearly stuffed her face in the bouquet that Indie held up. Mae gasped excitedly. "Indie, is this for me?"

"Uh-huh!" She said triumphantly. "I got one of every flower!"

Lewis scratched the back of his neck. "Of course you did..." He said under his breath.

Mae smiled, shaking her head. "You shouldn't have left her unattended, Mr. Florist."

"Oh well. It is the most beautiful bouquet I've ever seen, so I'll let it slide." Lewis winked at Indie.

Indie looked up at her father and held her hands in the air. Lewis picked her up again and held her close. "Would you and your mama like to go out for coffee when I get off?"

Indie nodded. Mae gave her a quick kiss on the forehead, taking her off of Lewis's hands.

"We'll meet you at the Ivy." Mae smiled. "Say bye-bye to daddy, sweetheart!"

Indie waved. "Bye-bye," she said sadly.

As Mae walked toward the car with Indie in her arms, she pulled her closer. "Don't worry, lovey. We're gonna see him soon. We get to go on a date with him later."