4 - Day one

As Lucien opened the door to his vacation home, the beautiful sight smiled back at me

As Lucien opened the door to his vacation home, the beautiful sight smiled back at me. It took me a moment to take it all in. On the car ride here along with the plane ride Lucien and I barely spoke a word to each other. He grabbed my wrist very roughly. It hurt a lot. The only stuff we said to each other was the time. I barely expect it to be different without me being mad at him. He's rude, arrogant, and to add to the list abusive.

Being married wasn't going to hinder my passion for designing clothes. Vivianne suggested I let loose on my honeymoon and meet new people, which seemed outrageous given my introverted nature. Sydney was stunning, and truly, the entire Australian country was breathtaking.

The softness of the mattress was striking as I settled onto it. Lying back, I found it to be more than just comfortable—it was luxurious. I started to unpack my clothes, knowing we'd be here for a week. Yet, even a week seemed too short; an entire summer would barely suffice. Having been accepted into the University of Cambridge, the prospect of moving to England filled me with anxiety, a feeling even more daunting than the thought of marriage.

"I'm off for a swim; feel free to do as you please. Just stay out of trouble," Lucien said, his gaze following me from my suitcase to the dresser. "I'll leave some money on the kitchen counter if you need it."

"I won't need it; I have my own money." I kept my eyes on my clothes, not wanting to meet his.

"Take some extra cash; you might need it," he said, his tone becoming more straightforward.

"I don't want extra cash," My attitude became clearer as I shot a glare his way. "My money is enough."

"Okay, fine." He exhaled before making his way outside, closing the door behind him.

Before I realized it, I had rolled my eyes and grabbed my sketchbook. To me, this is the perfect vacation: a tropical setting, a stunning view, leaning back, and simply sketching. Sounds incredible, doesn't it?
——————

The beach water is cold but it's a good cold, which cancels out the Australian heat

The beach water is cold but it's a good cold, which cancels out the Australian heat. Water droplets drip from my hair to my forehead. I shake the remaining water out of my hair. Making my way over to Amaia.