𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 [24]

𝖶𝖺𝗋𝗇𝗂𝗇𝗀! 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗂𝗇𝖼𝗅𝗎𝖽𝖾𝗌 𝗌𝖾𝗑𝗎𝖺𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗆𝖾𝗌 (𝗇𝗈𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗇𝗈𝗍 𝖼𝗈𝗇𝗌𝖾𝗇𝗌𝗎𝖺𝗅).

𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 11𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫, 1996

My head throbbed as I stumbled through the corridors, making my way towards the Great Hall. I had managed to sleep through the morning, missing my double lesson of Care of Magical Creatures. I must remember to send an owl to Hagrid apologising for my tardiness. My throat scratched and burned as I swallowed, making me groan in discomfort.

I burst into the hall, noticing a large jug of ice water right beside Theo. I practically ran towards him, frightening him when I threw myself into the seat beside him, quickly pouring myself a glass and gulping it down. I set the glass down with a content sigh.

"There she is!" Draco quipped, making me glare at the boy. He chuckled and shook his head, taking another bite of his breakfast. Theo and Mattheo grinned at me with dark looks in their eyes.

"What?" I huffed before pouring another glass, this time drinking it more slowly. Blaise then looked up from his plate and smiled at me, as I smiled back. I then noticed the way Theo was looking at me strangely, with narrowed eyes and a raised eyebrow.

"You don't remember do you?" Theo chuckled softly as he and Mattheo shared a look I couldn't quite figure out. They were grinning from ear to ear with smirks plastered on their faces. I glared at the two boys in confusion.

"I remember everything thank you." I huffed before taking a pancake and adding my toppings. Mattheo chuckled, clearly not believing me. "I do! I reme-" I stopped, my face began to heat up. Maybe I didn't remember everything before, but I certainly do now.

"Oh, she definitely remembers now." Blaise chuckled as he leaned in closer to get a better look at my flustered state. My eyes were wide with embarrassment as I slowly looked between Mattheo and Theo.

I dropped my fork on my plate, my hands flying up to cover myself from the eyes of my friends. Theo laughed before placing a comforting hand on my back. "It's okay, Y/n. We've all had our moments at parties and regretted the next day. That's a part of life." He smiled as he spoke softly.

I groaned at his words, he was partly right. I turned to look at him, leaning in to whisper so no one would hear. "But it wasn't with some stranger I can go the rest of my life ignoring! It was with Hermione!" I stressed as I sank lower into my seat.

"You'll be okay." Theo chuckled as my head fell onto his arm. In the corner of my eye, I saw Mattheo glaring at us, making me smirk. He's so protective, it's adorable.

"I'm never drinking again." I groaned, turning my head back to my breakfast, and taking a small bite of it. Opposite me, Draco chuckled making me glacé up at him in confusion.

"As if you'll stop drinking." The blond snickered as I glared at him with a slack jaw. I grumbled profanities under my breath, as I packed up my things to leave.

"Where are you going?" Mattheo watched me throw my bag over my shoulder with curious eyes. I explained how I wanted to leave before Hermione, Harry, Ron or Ginny showed up. I am not ready to face any of them. "Can I come?" He asked hopefully.

I grinned at the Slytherin, my heart swelling with joy. That boy will be the death of me. I motioned for him to come along as I walked out of the hall, waving goodbye to the rest of my friends. Mattheo was quick to my side as we walked towards the Slytherin common room. Mattheo, somehow, managed to convince me to miss my next lesson with Slughorn, seeing as I had no more after that for the rest of the day.