𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐇𝐨𝐠𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 [16]

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 1𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫, 1996

October was upon us, and the leaves had finally started turning a beautiful ombré of reds yellows and browns. It was a rather chilling morning as a soft breeze nipped at my skin, making me pull at the sleeves of my jumper. The jumper itself was a dark green off-the-shoulder knitted hoodie which was a size too big. As for my bottoms, I wore baggy blue denim jeans, and my favourite pair of shoes.

Slowly, I followed the smell of bacon, that lingered in the air, coming from the great hall. My mind was still dazed with sleep, that I had not noticed a certain blonde calling my name.

"Y/n!" A sweet voice rang out as I stopped walking towards the Slytherin table. I turned to see Luna, smiling and waving me over to the Gryffindor table. Beside her sat Neville and Ginny while Mione, Ron and Harry sat opposite them.

"Good morning, everyone. Sorry I did not hear you call me, I'm still half asleep." I laughed as I took a seat beside Harry, who was wearing a black knitted jumper with his sleeves rolled up, and blue jeans. I took a croissant from the dish that sat between Luna and I, while a kettle, a tea bag and a jug of milk floated over and brewed me up a tea.

"Y/n! How have you been." Ron asked with half a sausage chewed up in his mouth. I laughed at the boy, and replied with a smile. Ron was wearing a terracotta shirt with light blue jeans.

"I've been good thank you. This year has been rather hectic, and it has barely October!" I laughed at the absurdity of my life, however, the group did not join me. My laughter died quickly as I awkwardly glanced between my friends.

After a moment or two of utter deafening silence, Ginny spoke up. She wore a cute grey cardigan with small embroidered sunflowers. She wore brown corduroy bottoms and a matching headband tucked behind her ears. "Cormac is determined to get back at you for... you know. It's rather terrifying." Ginny sighed with a frown, as Luna patted her back in comfort.

"Ginny is right, Y/n. He gets more dangerous every day, we found about 17 bottles of Amortentia under his bed." Neville added, his concern making his voice crack from nerves for a second. Neville adorned a white shirt, with a grandpa style sweater-vest and brown trousers.

"I appreciate your concern, but this is Cormac McLaggen we are talking about. He's hardly worth my concern." I laughed as the group replied with slow, unsure laughter. "I promise you all, I will be just fine."

Harry turned to face me as he swallowed his food. "We all know very well that you can handle yourself, Y/n. I agree that usually, Cormac wouldn't be a concern at all, however, you haven't seen or heard the things he has saying and planning on doing as we have." Harry frowned as he placed a hand on my arm. I smile at the Gryffindor boy and nod my head in understanding.

"Anyways..." Hermione spoke up, ending the conversation about Cormac. She stood up, revealing her baby blue hoodie and dark grey jeans and white Converse. "Ginny, Luna and I were planning on going to Hogsmeade today, Y/n. Would you like to join us?" I grinned and eagerly nodded my head.

"Gladly! Give me a moment to get my coat and gloves and I shall meet you by the main entrance." I waved goodbye to my friends and happily walked down the quiet hallways to the dungeon. As I entered the dimly lit common room, I noticed the group of boys I've grown rather fond of sitting idly by the roaring fire.