6

Stan's POV
I was out with my friends when suddenly I got a call from Vera. Why is she calling me so late at night is everything alright?.....thinking this I picked her call immediately.
It was so noisy she sounded a bit drunk I asked where she is? Told her to stay there...I rushed over there and saw her sitting alone. I asked her "why is she alone? Let's go home" but she was refusing to come with me still I can't leave her here like this, she is not in a state to go by herself...so I carried her in my hands and sat her in my car then I started driving. This drunk kid fell asleep after a while, she's sleeping soo peacefully. We reached home now I have to wake up this cute kid she was still drunk plus sleepy too so I held her by the waist and walked her till the house, I asked her for the door password she said "your birthday"........what my birthday did she really kept my birthday as her password.....We entered when my phone rang it's my friend.....ohhhhh right I was so worried about her that I rushed here without even telling my friends....... I picked up and said I can't come tonight sorry I'm busy. Vera heard me and said "you should go why are you not going" I said- "I'll not leave you alone I'm staying tonight I care about you" she said- "kiss me kiss me if you care tell me you love me" she bursts into tears as she says this. She came closer to kiss... I'm controlling myself really much I too want to just hold her kiss her but.....I stopped her I know she'll regret it so much once she's sober I just said wiping her tears- " do you know how hard I'm trying not to kiss you right now. you should sleep now you are tired" she went to her bed I said "I'll sleep on the couch goodnight" as I was leaving she held my hand and said- "don't go please stay here till I sleep" I sat beside her as she was half asleep she said- "can you open that second drawer you'll find something"

When I opened it I found a few sketches of me and letters. I started reading a letter.....

Dear Stan
I know you'll never read this but it makes me feel better to put it into words. Who knows, maybe one day it'll somehow make its way to you. That's not the intention, but still it's nice to think about. I know you won't come back. I know you were over me. I know you didn't want to hurt me. but you did. I tried to hate you, I swear I tried. but I just can't hate. I can't hate you because I still miss you, I still want you here next to me. I know you don't think about me the way I think about you. I know. but at least tell me you think about it sometimes. about everything that happened. about everything that we went through. tell me that once in a while a song reminds you of me, or perhaps a movie, or a place you drive past. Please tell me that once in a while, at least for a second, i cross your mind. I still love you. I shouldn't but its true. I know I keep coming back to you and you'd wish i'd stop but it's hard. it's hard to know that deep down i still would do anything for you. I still would love to have a future with you. things didn't work out and I need to learn to move on, but I keep thinking. maybe. maybe if we tried again it would work... I know it's over now. U know I tried to date other guys but it felt like I'm cheating on and I always compared them with you. I kept searching you in others. i love you so much. If you got a chance to go in the past would you still date me again?

Tears rolled down my face as I read this.... I desperately wanted to hug her tell her I love her so much. I wanted to apologise for everything but I am scared she might not accept me now..... I don't even know once she's sobar, she'll remember what happened today or not.

Vera was getting a call from someone called Pearl... I didn't picked up at first but after constant calls I picked up as she heard my voice instead of Vera she asked "who are you? Where is Vera?" I said- "I'm Stanley Vera's friend. Vera is sleeping right now." I don't know why but she sounded rude she said- "why are you with her? Where is she?" I said- "we are at her place.  she called me she was pretty drunk so I took her home." I decided to ask her a favour I said- "I know she'll be embarrassed if she sees me in the morning. Can you come tomorrow early morning?" She said- "I would have came anyways I stay there too. But can I trust you with her?" I said- "you can. She is always safe with me. Don't worry."

______________________________________

I hope you all like this story it's my first time writing book . If you liked this story make sure to vote and comment. Next part will be posted very soon. Thank You.