chapter 2: The Call

"Ohh God how could sleep through my alarm" I screamed frantically as I put on blue jeans and black top and my boots dressing up for my college. And putting whatever notebook I could find in my hand bag . I screamed through the wall to Sofia  if she had seen my I card and she just leaned on my bedroom door staring at me in amusement. She laughed and said " Dude you need to relax, No matter how fast you go you will miss your first class anyways now so better just calm down and go for the next one"

I knew she was right but I didn't want her to be right, right now. I want her to be just quiet and empathize without giving any solution. I know, I am unreasonable at times.

"Finally! " I found my I card in my bag only and after hugging Sofia and kissing her on her cheeks I left for college in a rush.

As I sat in the cad my phone rang with a notification and opened it to see a message from Matt "Good morning Gorgeous."

So Matt is the guy my friends found for me on Tinder that night and we have been talking since. He is a nice guy belonging to a business family so quite rich.  He is tall with a good body and all his Tinder photos showed him dressed in tux so he had quite a cool dressing sense as well. It's been almost a week since we started talking and had an audio call twice and connected once on video call. He seemed an interesting person though because of our busy schedule, we have not got a chance to meet yet.

I saw his message and  I replied "Good Morning"
"Finally, I sent that 2 hours ago.. you just got a chance to see that?" He messaged

"Long story. I slept through my alarm and now I am running late for college and I am sure I will be missing my first class now :("

"Hahaha. You are cute. No worries. We all have missed our classes once in life."

"I guess"

"So I was thinking if you are free this weekend, maybe we can meet on Saturday for a coffee? "

"Ohh.. Umm.. can I get back to you on that by evening?" I said

"Sure. Take your time love. Hoping for your yes soon. Take care." He responded

Matt is very charming and has everything a girl would want, but for some reason I never feel a spark for him. My friends say it just me being ne and maybe I will feel differently once I meet him. So I am just trying to play along.

While I was still lost in my thoughts, my cab reached its destination. I quickly paid up and went in where I found Abby and Arya waiting for me at the entrance. I greeted them with a hug and we all went in. Ella was not going to come today as her friend Nic was here so Amara and she were with him for the day. After a day long of child psychology, stats and counseling psychology my brain was on fire and I desperately needed a coffee to make sense of things. Abby and Arya agreed with me and we all went to the balli which served the best maggi and tea/coffee on the earth. After settling down we all ordered maggi and masala maggi and 3 coffees for each of us.  While eating and drinking we discussed our internships and courses that we are planning to take in next semester. They also informed me of what I missed in first class and thank God I have them to help me out with it.

After finishing off our maggi and coffees we hugged each other and went to our respective homes as we had a lot of assignments to complete.

On reaching my home I threw my bag on the chair in my room and went in the washroom for a hot shower. I changed into a black grey shots and light pink gopnd lied on my bed when my phone rang with a notification.

It was a message from Matt. I read the message through the notification bar without opening it so that it doesn't show to him that I read.

"Hey.. any update on the weekend?"

I completely forgot about our morning conversation and didn't have any discussion about it with anyone. I needed help to decide it so I called up Ell. She answered instantly
"Hey Ell. Sorry to disturb you bro but I need you"

"Tess, seriously. We are just hanging out. You are not disturbing anyone. Tell me what happened?"

"So Matt wants to meet me this Saturday for a coffee"

"Ohh that is great news. You want help in deciding what to wear?"

"Umm.. No I want help in deciding whether to go or not?"

"Tess. You have been stalling this for way to long. It's more than an year now since you broke up. You need to go on dates. Common it will be fun. And worse come to worse if you do not like the guy still you atleast will have a start. Go please. For me"

" Hahaha. Okay ma'am. I will go for you but then I will be needing you to decide what to wear now."
"Sure. Anything. I am just happy that you agreed to go" she said

"Who agreed to go where?" I heard a masculine voice on the other end

"Ohh. It's Tess I was just convincing her to go on a date with someone" Ell said

"Ohh really?" And then I heard that masculine voice taking the phone from Ell.

"Hii Tessa it's Nicolas this side" a deep husky voice said on the phone

"Ohh. Hii Nicolas, Welcome to California" I said

"Ohh I won't feel much welcomed unless I meet you. If you do not want to go on a date with this guy, you don't have to. Maybe we can go on a date?" He said, and that caused something in my stomach that I decided to ignore and play cool.

"Hahaha. You really don't waste much time with your deeds, do you?" I said trying to hide my blush.

"Well if the result is you, then obviosly time should not be wasted. I hope that I get to see you soon. Tess."

"Sure, Nicolas"

"Umm. For you, it's Nic ma'am " he said and I felt butterflies flying all over my stomach but again hid it off.

" Sure Mr. Nic" I said and he handed the phone to Ell.

"I am so sorry Tess. This Nic is an asshole. Don't listen to him. You just get ready for your date"

I laughed at her remark and just said a "hmm"
We spoke for a bit more and then I asked her to enjoy her time and cut the call.

After keeping the phone aside I just lied on my bed and a thought came in my head, "For you, it's Nic ma'am " and an involuntary smile appeared on my face. Is it weird that a small line like this made me feel so many  things.

Uhhh I am just making clouds of dust. So I shook off my head to drop the thought. I took the phone to open Matt's message

" Sure. Let's have a coffee this Saturday." I typed and sent.