Backstory

As Emma and her friends journeyed through the countryside, their hearts heavy with the weight of their quest, they stumbled upon a scene of unspeakable horror—a young girl, barely nine years old, being sold into slavery at an illegal auction.

Without hesitation, they rushed to her aid, their swords flashing in the sunlight as they fought off the slavers and freed the girl from her chains. As they untied her, the girl looked up at them with wide eyes filled with wonder and gratitude.

"Thank you," she whispered, her voice barely above a whisper. "Thank you for saving me."

Emma smiled, her heart swelling with compassion for the young girl. "What's your name?" she asked gently.

The girl hesitated for a moment, her eyes flickering with uncertainty. "Lily," she said at last, her voice barely more than a whisper.

"Lily," Emma repeated, her voice soft with kindness. "That's a beautiful name."

And so, as they continued on their journey, Lily joined them, her presence bringing a sense of hope and lightness to their group. Despite the hardships she had endured, she remained optimistic and saw the good in people, her innocence and curiosity leading them to unexpected discoveries along the way.

As they traveled, Lily shared her story with them—a story of loss and heartache, of a family torn apart by the sorcerer's rise to power. She spoke of her parents, who had been taken from her by the sorcerer's minions, and of her village, which had been razed to the ground in the name of darkness and despair.

And as Emma and her friends listened to Lily's tale, their hearts heavy with sorrow, they realized the true extent of the sorcerer's cruelty—and the importance of their mission to stop him before he could inflict any more harm upon the innocent.

But despite the darkness that surrounded them, they found solace in Lily's presence—a reminder that even in the darkest of times, there was still hope to be found, and that together, they could overcome any obstacle that stood in their way.

And so, as they journeyed forth into the unknown, their hearts filled with determination and their spirits unyielding, they knew that they would not rest until they had achieved their mission and brought an end to the sorcerer's reign of terror once and for all.

.Chapter 12 End.