Playing His Game

Back in the old warehouse, Alastor had just seen that his pawns have set their sites on the next targets.

"I'm surprised they even managed to find them." Alastor said to himself. "They better not let me down or else things aren't going to look good."

"Yeah you've made that much perfectly clear." A male voice said from behind Alastor. It was a voice that he knew like the back of his hand.

"Husker, now what do I owe the pleasure?" Alastor asked as he turned around to see a winged cat demon known as Husk.

"I know what you're doing to those poor living souls." Husk said seriously. "And honestly, that's a low blow. . .even for you."

"They're the ones that made the deal with me." Alastor explained, as if he wasn't doing anything wrong. "They could've easily just accepted their fate and died."

"You trapped them into a deal!" Husk snapped. "Just like you did with me and Charlie."

"Except, Charlie still owns her soul." Alastor corrected. "What's your point?"

"My point is that this is wrong and you know it." Husk said seriously. "You may be an all powerful overlord, but even you know that owning living souls is forbidden."

"Who said they'd continue to be living souls?" Alastor asked, his smile wider and eviler than ever. "I wasn't planning on keeping them alive for long."

"What?" Husk asked, now feeling scared.

"Isn't it obvious? Even if they succeed, they're not getting out of my contact alive." Alastor explained honestly. "I was planning on killing them from the start. I sent them in this mission because I need new living souls."

"But why? What does owning living souls gain you?" Husk asked seriously as he crossed his arms in anger.

"That's none of your concern." Alastor said, the tone in his voice changing to sound more stern and serious. "Now, unless you want your screams brocasted for all to hear. . ."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'll leave it be." Husk said as he rolled his eyes and started to walk away.

"Oh, and Husker." Alastor said, stopping the cat demon in his tracks. "If you mention this to anyone. . .you can kiss your soul goodbye. No more warnings."

"Y-yes, Alastor." Husk gulped in fear before running in the opposite direction as Alastor let out an evil laugh.

Meanwhile, back with Shoto, he had just gotten off the phone with the others as he was getting ready to head in the school as well.

"Looks like everything is going according to plan so far." Shoto said with a sigh of relief. "Maybe this won't be so hard afterall. However, something doesn't seem right about all this."

Shoto's thoughts were intrupted when his phone suddenly rang. The white and red haired boy rolled his eyes as he knew exactly who it was before pressing the button on his ear piece. "Isn't it a little early for a check in?"

"Ahh, Shoto pleasure to be talking with you, quite a pleasure." Alastor said, trying to act all friendly. "How is my best pawn doing?"

"Cut the act and get straight to the point." Shoto said. "What do you want now?"

"I'm just checking in to see how you're holding up." Alastor said honestly. "I've noticed you've got your eyes on the targets?"

"Yes, we do. . .and?" Shoto asked growing annoyed and impatient.

"You have to be in there with your team making sure they dont get distracted." Alastor explained. "After all. . ."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Are souls are on the line." Shot said as he rolled his eyes. "We only just got here so chill out a little, will you?"

"I'm going to let that slide for now." Alastor said, a little angered by Shoto's attitude. "Just remember that I'm always watching. . .one slip up and you're all done for."

With that said, Alastor hung up and Shoto was left angered. "That bastard! We'll get our souls back. I know we can do this."

At that moment Music started to play and Shoto began to sing.

Shoto: "Time to rethink
And begin
With a brand new game plan
Margin for error is slim"

Alastor: "He's on the brink
He could win
I can't use the same plan
Time to start thinking like him"

Shoto: "What would I do
if I got inside his head?"

Alastor: "Thought like
him instead?"

Shoto: "Could it be..."

Alastor: "Possibly..."

Shoto & Alastor: "I'll catch him when
I look through his eyes
See what he sees
And then improvise
Until I can learn what
puts him at ease
I'll walk in his shoes
As long as it takes
'Til deep in my bones
I'm sure he is
One and the same as the
me who is playing his game"

Shoto: "What does he do
Late at night
When the world is sleeping?
Does he see pixels,
not dreams?"

Alastor: "Hard to be true
Always right
All that promise keeping
Harder I'm sure than it seems"

Shoto: "How would it be if
I saw the world like him?"

Alastor: "Like a synonym?"

Shoto: "Bit by bit"

Alastor: "Wit by wit"

Shoto & Alastor: "Catch him I win
I'll mimic his will
And learn his routines
And feel the same thrill
Whenever my end is served
by his means
I'll walk in his shoes
As long as it takes
'Til deep in my bones
I'm sure he is
One and the same as the
me who is playing his game"

Alastor: "Steady
I must be ever so careful
Don't move until you are ready
He will be careful too"

Shoto: "Know it
Always stay calm and collected
Don't lose your cool or you'll blow it
Then he will unravel you"

Shoto & Alastor: "Get into his head
And under his skin
The things that he said
The food that he likes,
the places he's been
I'll look through his eyes
And see what he sees
'Til I see the forest,
not just the trees
I'll mimic his will
And learn his routines
And feel the same thrill
and know what it means
I'll walk in his shoes
As long as it takes
'Til deep in my bones
I'm sure I am
Winning my game
while I'm saying
I'm playing his game"

When the song was over the bell rang, meaning that school was about to start. "Crap! I'm gonna be late!" Shoto said as he ran to the entrance.

Meanwhile, Alastor just sat in his radio tower watching everything play out. He was sure that everything was going to end well. . .for him anyway.

To be continued. . .

Song is called "Playing His Game" from Death Note the musical

My hero Academia belongs to Kohei Hirokoshi

Hazbin Hotel belongs to Vivipop and Prime

All rights reserved

Chapter written by makaylaLight435