31. Sarada Didn't Awaken Her Mangekyou Sharingan From Love

Let me debunk the absurd notion that Sarada awakened her Mangekyou Sharingan out of love, as many fans claim since they apparently never had the slightest clue how the Sharingan works. Or, maybe rather than comment on how silly it is to say that Sarada's Sharingan is the only Uchiha who awakened her Sharingan of love, it would be simpler to say that I have no idea where the ridiculous notion that the Sharingan has previously been awakened by hate comes from.

The Sharingan has never been triggered, caused, or awakened by hate. The Sharingan was and has always been caused by love – not directly, but by secondhand emotions that result from love. Most instances of Sharingan awakenings or upgrades are triggered either by a desire to protect or the grief over losing a loved one. The desire to protect another person is an emotion that stems from love, since people only feel a strong desire to protect those they care about.

Grief is another emotion grown from love. The whole reason a person mourns and grieves is precisely because they loved someone and are saddened to lose a person they loved and cared about. I don't know how intense feelings of grief and sadness somehow translates to hate in so many Naruto fan's minds, but...my goodness, sometimes this fanbase is insanely crazy weird and nonsensical, and evidently lacking emotional intelligence on top of that.

So let me clarify:

Strong, intense feelings of grief and sadness ≠ hate.

Grief is not hate, but essentially another feeling and form of love, specifically sadness in regards to love. Perhaps this is most eloquently expressed by Vision in WandaVision: "What is grief if not love persevering?"

Fans have this bizarre notion that the Sharingan is symbol of hate for some reason, and such fans refuse to let go of their negative stigma against the Sharingan and what it represents because they are too attached to their obsession with the silly "Curse of Hatred" theory to actually pay attention to Sharingan lore.

The truth is that none of the Sharingan or Mangekyou Sharingan have ever been awakened by hatred; that is not how the Sharingan works.

Remember how in earlier chapters I described how awakening the Sharingan was triggered by the desperate desire and determination to protect a friend or loved one? It wasn't activated out of hatred for an enemy:

· Indra wasn't thinking about how much he hated the boar endangering Asura, he was only thinking desperately that he couldn't let his little brother die.

· Madara wasn't thinking of how much he hated Hashirama, he awakened his Sharingan out of his fear of losing his beloved little brother and his heartache from being forced to end his friendship to his best friend Hashirama.

· Obito wasn't thinking about how much he hated Rin's kidnappers when he awakened his Sharingan, he was thinking about how much he wanted to save Kakashi's life.

· Izumi wasn't thinking about how much she hated the Ninetails when she awakened her Sharingan, she awakened it while she was mourning the death of her father.

· Sasuke wasn't thinking about how much he hated Haku when he awakened Phase II Sharingan, he was thinking about how desperately he wanted to protect his teammate Naruto.

And I could go on. Point is, the basis for the Sharingan's awakening is steeped in love, not hate. I'm frankly not sure where the idea that the Sharingan reflects and responds to hate comes from, because for all the negative emotions of fear, distress, sorrow, heartache, panic, and grief that cause a Sharingan to awaken or upgrade, I have not mentioned hatred or even really anger (much) triggering an awakening.

All of the Sharingan awakenings are triggered by the grief one feels over losing a loved one, the fear and panic one feels over nearly losing a loved one, the regret and heartache of being separated for long periods from a loved one...notice how all these awakenings are directly correlated towards the users' loved ones in some way? One does not acquire the Sharingan without love; love is a necessary ingredient to the Sharingan and it always has been. Hate is not.