A broken heart

Shaira sighed as her both arms rested on her waist. Standing in the middle of her newly furnished apartment which was by the way just below her ex-boyfriend. Shaira was simply ecstatic. If you could understand the underlying sarcasm.

The meeting with Daniel made her realize that she was missing so much out. She not only hurt her but she did hurt her loved ones too.

After changing her bandages from her bruised knees and almost all of her body- guess she did lie to Daniel when she said she wasn't hurt. Anyways, She had decided to bake herself some cookies. She really wanted to give it to Sabrina who she just knew lived just a floor beneath. How difficult would it be, right?

Wrong.

That shit just wouldn't work for her. After trying on her fifth batch. Shaira was heartbroken to see none of them was good. They were hard like brick and burnt as hell.

Shaira had never failed anything more terribly than this. Her hand fisted as she hit the table in frustration. Why not order it from the bakery and made them deliver to them?

She sat on the sofa with burnt cookies as she nibble on one of those. She immediately regret it as she spit out the bitter mess out.

Voila! She had just created poison.

She hissed as she bumped her scratched knee into the table as she tried to get a cup of water.

Her eyes teared as she looked at the mess. She was always good at everything but how could she mess up at such a basic thing.

Her attention diverted to the door as door bell ranged. Shaira eyes furrowed she wasn't getting any guest today.

She checked to peep through the hole on the gate as her jaw dropped. She swiftly opened the door.

"What on earth are you guys doing here?"

"It's a housewarming party of our sister. Of course we had to come, Champ."

"The housewarming party which the house owner don't know about."

Shaira smiled as Maximus side hugged her.

"Well, we bought food and company."

Her eyes scrunches in happiness as one by one everyone gave her a side-hug. Shaira did flinch a little at first but her brothers sight made her calm.

At last Dexton came. Shaira knew he wanted to hug her too but he wouldn't. Her big brother was shy like that. Shaira smiled as she closed the distance between them. Her arms awkwardly wrapped around his brother as she smiled.

"Hii Dexton."

Dexton took a sigh of relief as she hugged him. Her voice showed the smile which he had on his face.

"Hello Ira."

Dexton said as he pasted her back. Shaira came out of the hug as she led them inside.

Her eyes widen as everyone stood there looking at the burnt mess. Ezra took one from the plate, broke it in half and gave it to Alkov.

His face grimaced as he spit out.

"From where did you get those?"

"It's poison."

Alkov continued ashe put the remaining back.

"No,it's not. See, you're alive."

Shaira said as she crossed her arms on her chest. She certainly wouldn't want anyone to point her skills.

"The chef who made it should be fired."

"I can't fire myself now, Ez."

Shaira said as he glared at him. Everyone went into silence as Shara looked at them. Dexton silently took off his coat and sat in front of the table. Taking ome cookie from the tray.