The Three Headed Dog

Professor McGonagall stopped outside a classroom. She opened the door and poked her head inside.

"Excuse me, Professor Flitwick, could I borrow Wood for a moment"

Wood? thought Harry, bewildered; was Wood a cane she was going to use on him?

"how could you even think like that my Minnie would never do such thing" said Orion

"Thank you for you support but its Professor for you too Mr future Black" said Professor McGonagall.

But Wood turned out to be a person, a burly fifth-year boy who came out of Flitwick's class looking confused.

"Follow me you two" Professor McGonagall pointed them into a classroom which was empty. She slammed the door and turned to face the two boys.

"Potter, this is Oliver Wood. Wood - I've found you a Seeker."

"Whattt"

Wood's expression changed from puzzlement to delight.

"Are you serious, Professor?"

"Absolutely, the boy's a natural. I have never seen anything like it. Was that your first time on broom Potter?"

Harry nodded silently. 

"He caught that thing in his hand after a fifty foot dive. Didn't even scratch himself.. Charlie Weasley couldn't have done it."

"Ever seen a game of Quidditch, Potter?"

"Wood's captain of the Gryffindor team" explained Professor McGonagall. She peered sternly over her glasses at Harry.

"I want to hear you're training hard, Potter, or I may change my mind about punishing you"

"You got a position in your house Quidditch team in just first year, I am proud of you" said James hugging Harry.

"You're joking"

It was dinner time. Harry had just finished telling Rose, Ron and Orion what had happened when he'd left the grounds with Professor McGonagall. 

"Seeker?" Ron said 

"But first years never - you must be the youngest house player in about -"

"a century" said Harry

"That's so cool Bubba, I am proud of you" said Rose while Ron was so amazed, so impressed, he just sat and gaped at Harry.

"Congrats Harry" said Orion 

"Thanks"

Fred and George Weasley now came into the hall, spotted Harry and hurried over.

"Well done" said George in a low voice.

"Wood told us. We're on the team too - Beaters."

"Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad. Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game Quidditch."

"Brutal. But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally...."

"But they'll turn up in a month or two"

"I am stealing them Molly" said Sirius 

"They are-"

"So like us" exclaimed the Prewetts twins.

"Oh go on Harry, Quidditch is great. Best game there is! And you'll be great, too"

"Yes Ron is right so cheer up Bubba"

"You just need to maintain your calm and believe in yourself" said Orion 

"But I've never even played Quidditch. What if I make a fool of myself?"