The Sorting Hat

All the first years were now standing in front of the castle door. The door swung open at once. A tall, black haired witch in emerald green robes stood there.

"Minnie"screamed the marauders.

"The firs' - years, Professor McGonagall" said Hagrid.

"Thank you, Hagrid. I will take them from here"

She pulled the door wide. They followed her across the flagged stone floor. 

"Welcome to Hogwarts," said Professor McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. you will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room.

The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule breaking will lose house points. t the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few mintues in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting. I shall return when we are ready for you"

"You gave us the same speech Minnie" said Remus

"Why to change perfection Mr Lupin" replied Professor McGonagall

She left them. Harry swallowed.

"W-What if we-we are sorted into different houses" he asked Prim.

"It doesn't matter Bubba we will still be the same. Nothing can break us apart" 

Hearing this Harry just looked down sadly while Draco and Orion just scoffed.

"How exactly do they sort us into houses?" she asked Ron.

"Some sort of test Rose. Its fine if I call you this?

"Yep"

" Fred said it hurts a lot, but I think he was joking"

A young evil looking boy, with blond hair speaks up.

"Its true then, what they are saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts. This is Crabbe and Goyle. And I am Malfoy......Draco Malfoy."

Ron snickers at his name. Rose was going to scold him when..

"Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley. Well soon find out some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." He extends his hand to Harry.

The Prewett twins were fuming they tried going after Draco but got held back by Orion. Arthur and Molly looked down embarrassed that they couldn't afford to get Ron new robes. "Draco! Apologies" demanded Narcissa. "He has already apologized Mrs Malfoy " said Ron.

"I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks" 

"Hahaha thats my son" laughed James.

"Oh you wait its get better" smirked Orion

"Well, I know who you are" said Rose stepping forward.

"Bleach blond hair, and an annoying attitude. You must be an IDIOT"

"Hahaaaa" James and Sirius fell down laughing.