My New Everyday Life

Just like that, I saw her the next day, and another, and another. 

She didn't have a parent with her, but each time she would bring small amount of food. I always wonder why she wouldn't bring a whole cart. Maybe because there was no parent around her. 

When she arrived the next day, I decided to ask her. She was at the checkout, always with me. She tried to find me, getting a little worried since I wasn't at the usually spot. Till she saw me, and gave me a huge smile, as she came up to me. 

"Abigail!" She said, it sounded so sweet. 

"Hey there." I said, I haven't really got her name since I didn't expect to see her everyday.

"Just this." She said, again it was the same banana, but except it was only one. 

"You know, everyday, kids like you can get a free fruit." I said, giving her a smile.

"Really?" She said.

"Yea, I'll show you where it is." I said while grabbing her hand, I had to bend down a little bit. I showed her the fruit basket where there was a sign that said 'One fruit per child' sometimes I wanted to grab one, I mean I'm still a child, right?

"You see this sign, you can pick any fruit you like but it has to be one." I said, sounding so fake with my sweet voice, even though it's not fake at all. Kinds are really sweet, well at least this one is. 

That girl gave me a smile. 

"Thank you." She whispered. I paused for a moment, her parents must be so proud since she has such good manners. 

"What's your name?" I asked. 

"Katie." She said, while peeling off the banana peel and had a big bite. 

"That's such a pretty name." I said out of no where. I have to think this girl is only six years old. But she still said thank you. 

Some thing new happened today, this time her mom came in and she looked tired. 

"Katie!" She yelled. 

"Come back here!" She continued. 

"I got to go." She looked worried, and ran off. 

That was interesting, but I guessed her mom had a long day at work so I didn't worry about it too much. 

I drove home and thought about Katie all the way home, somehow her worried face made me worried too. Was there something going on? I thought about it too much that I was already home. 

Don't worry, it will be fine, Katie will be here tomorrow.