BETWEEN THE HEART AND REASON

More than three weeks after his daughter Anna's resurrection, Henry still couldn't get used to the idea that his daughter had come back from the dead. Every day, he was haunted by doubt and disbelief, wondering if what he saw was real or simply the product of his failing imagination. Despite the tangible evidence before his eyes, the weight of loss and pain that had burdened him continued to weigh heavily on his mind, making it difficult for him to accept this unexpected miracle. Every glance exchanged with his resurrected daughter was tinged with confusion and fear, his heart torn between hope and fear of what might still come.

He bent over backwards to make up for lost time and avoid making the same mistakes as before. Every moment spent with his daughter was precious to him, and he did everything in his power to offer her the love, attention, and support she needed. He did his best to create new memories and strengthen family bonds, aware that each moment was a precious chance he didn't want to waste.

Despite his considerable efforts, Henry still couldn't find his daughter as she was before. Anna's habits, tastes, and nature seemed to have undergone a profound transformation. Every day, he confronted the disconcerting reality that the daughter he had loved so much was different, changed in a way he couldn't understand. The moments of complicity and joy shared before now seemed distant, replaced by an emotional distance that weighed heavily on his heart.

Even her favorite drink, her usual habits, and her natural obedience seemed to have disappeared with her during those eight years. The innocence that once emanated from her gaze was absent, replaced by a kind of indefinable melancholy that troubled Henry to the core of his being. Every aspect of her personality seemed tinged with a troubling strangeness, as if she bore the invisible scars of her journey beyond death.

At first, her father didn't find it worrying. All the strange manifestations of his daughter were overlooked or forgotten. Henry was so happy to have her back that he judged these mood and behavior changes appropriate. For him, the essential thing was that she was back, and he preferred to turn a blind eye to the troubling signs that might have indicated something more sinister. His love for his daughter outweighed any other consideration, and he clung to the hope that everything would eventually return to normal with time.

However, as the days passed and the oddities accumulated, Henry began to feel a growing unease, a sense of discomfort that insidiously crept into his mind, making him fear that something darker lurked behind his daughter's return.

After all, it's not every day that a person could experience such things: finding a loved one after they've passed on to the other side, or even killing a longtime friend to bring back a loved one. He even sometimes contemplated bringing back his wife Josephine. But the aftermath of the first resurrection still caused him trouble.

So, he preferred to focus on this enormous chance of being with his daughter Anna again, regardless of the consequences of such an act. Certainly, Mr. Normil's testimony made him feel even more guilty, but he was unaware that this was the price to pay for evoking such a spell.

A death every twenty-four hours remembered a sad and overwhelmed nerve. But his gaze fell on the girl sipping pumpkin soup.

Despite the weight of the tragedy weighing on him, his gaze was drawn to the peaceful scene of the young girl enjoying her pumpkin soup. The simplicity of this moment, the tranquility emanating from the scene, starkly contrasted with the dark reality surrounding him. For a fleeting moment, he could forget the pain and fear that overwhelmed him, getting lost in the vision of this child, a symbol of innocence and hope in a world darkened by death and desolation.
- My beloved daughter was back in my life, even if the whole world disappeared, he thought abruptly as he saw her flesh tremble.