Chapter 6

It has been fifteen days since Aadhya has started working under Anirudh .As per Anirudh instructions, she has spent initial ten days of her training to know the village and their people and in those days , she has met many people .Sampoorna and Shaurabh were one among them . She got to know that Sampoorna is relative of the  Anirudh . She has developed nice bond with her.

Apart from Sampoorna,another one is Batuk, the youngest son of the Roy Chowdhury.Batuk first approached her to appreciate her courage and after that they automatically fell into the dynamic of friendship. Even after being brother of Anirudh,he is totally opposite to him ,even though their facial features has some similarity. Batuk is a friendly man with a smiling face whereas Anirudh is a man due to whom the term poker face is invented.

"To Aadhya Kya lagta hai Tumhe , Humare samaj ki sabse badi Samasya kya hai ?" He asked after she completed her research.

"Waise to bahut kuchh hai, Sati Pratha , Jati Pratha hai , Bahu vivah aur bhi bahut kuchh.Lekin...." She paused and looked at him , only to find him , looking at her with curiosity.

"Mere hisab se Sabse badi Samasya hai ki..." She spoke with hesitation with her beating loudly, due to fear of disappointing her mentor. "Jyada tar logo ko pta hi nhi ki unke saath galat ho raha hai .Jab apne saath ho rahe anyay ka pta hi nhi hai to , anyay ke khilaf awaz kaise uthayenge "

"Bahut khub,Aadhya. Jis baat ko samjhne me mujhe bahut samay laga tha ,usse tumne bahut jaldi samjh liya" He said , leaning forward and she smiles brightly hearing the praise.

"Aapke pass , Mere Jaise Barrister Babu, nhi the na " She spoke enthusiastically maintaining her bright smile.

"Jagrukta ki kami ke wajah se hi , kayi niyam banne ke bawzood bhi, Samaj me ab bhi kuritiya hai" He continued to speak , deciding to let go off the  unfamiliar feeling settling in his heart upon being at the recieving end of her smile.

"1829 me hi , Raja Ram Mohan Roy ji ke prayasho se Sati Pratha ko apradh ki shreni me rakha gya tha ,lekin tumne apni aankho se dekha ki zamini satr per uska kya asar hai " He continued. "waisa hi haal  Child Marriage restraint act ka bhi hai .Mere jin prayaso se tum mujhse itni prabhavit hui thi ,un prayaso ka zamini satr par koi prabhav nhi hai .Aaj bhi kayi jagah ye kupratha hai . ".

Aadhya could clearly see the amount of the pain that his eyes hold ,when he spoke .She could only imagine that how could it feel to dedicate your whole life towards something that would give no result to you even after being fulfilled.

"Aasha karta hu ki Samjh rahi ho tum,ki mai kya kehne ki koshish kar raha hu" He asked and she nodded .Now She understood that her first step towards her barrister carrier was not fighting any case but to aware people about their misery and these laws that could protect them from it .

"London me reh kar yaha ke aam kanun ki bhasa nhi samjhti hogi tum. Chalo yahi pass me hi ek Jamin vivad me , Jamin ki napayi ho Rahi hai . Dekh lo aur samjh lo" He spoke after a long pause and stands up from his seat.

************************

"Rukiye ..." Aadhya shouted loudly, forcing Anirudh to apply a sudden break due to which both of them bends forward. Aadhya closes her eyes expecting the hard hit from the front part of Jeep . But instead of that ,she felt a muscular arm pressing against her stomach, over the thin layer of saree.She opened her eyes immediately and looked towards the arm which was in front of her , acting like a barrier . She looked at the owner of the arm .

"Kya kar Rahi ho, Aadhya?" He pulled his arm back and caressed his chest that might have collided with the steering wheel.

"Itni tez gadi aap chalate kyu hai?" She spoke . Her voice was low due the strange familiar yet unfamiliar feeling that she was feeling due to his touch. Also ,she can't neglect that naturally due to reflex  his  hand should be above from that area.