Chapter 9

Hey guys. Sorry updates have been a bit slow. I was away for the past 2 days. But now that i'm off for 2 weeks, i'll try to update every day bar Saturday and this Tuesday. So here we go, chapter 9.

Seeing Glenn and Maggie together made my spirits a bit lower. I was depressed and i didn't know why. It wasn't like Glenn had told me his undying love for me and then cheated on me with Maggie. He was free to kiss her, I just hoped that they really liked each other and it wasn't just a 5 minute affair because of the world. 

Every time i saw them together, my heart just kept on breaking. I knew that there were more important matters like Sophia still missing. I knew that we should be looking for her. Especially me. But at the moment, I was more concerned with feeling sorry for myself. The group didn't notice my ever-down mood. Except Daryl. And of course he did the caring big brother thing and kept asking me what was wrong. I wanted to tell him about my heartache. But I decided not to. Because partly, he wouldn't understand.. And if i didn't explain it carefully, he would take it the wrong way and do the typical Dixon thing: lash out at poor Glenn. And he didn't deserve that. It wasn't his fault that he had fallen for Maggie. And in my own way, I was happy for them. But typical on my part, i grew to hate Maggie. If she said hello to me, I would ignore her. I just didn't care. So Daryl kept badgering me and guessing why i was upset to the point where I snapped. 

"Look, I'm fine, alright! Just leave me alone." I snapped at him when he asked me if it was because of Sophia.

"Look, Angel. I understand, OK. But we'll find her. You don't have to be like this!" He retorted, his anger rising and i knew he was desperately fighting not to let it get the better of him.

"You don't understand! It's not that. It's something else." I said. He would never understand.

"Well, let me understand. Let me in." He was struggling now. 

"No! Sorry, Daryl, but you'll never understand. Merle would understand better than you." I shot back, knowong that it would make him back off.

It hurt him. I could see it in his eyes. I might have well as stabbed him. He let his anger erupt.

"FINE! If you want to be like that. Fine! Just don't come crying to me when everything goes wrong or a walker tries to eat you."" He spat.

"Fine. If you want it that way! Fine, i don't need you!" I retorted. I've got the typical Dixon temper and I stomped off.

Making my way to the house to see Carl, Lori accosted me. "Hi, Angel. I just wanted to know if you're going out to search for Sophia." She said.

"I'm not sure. Why?" I asked, being careful not to blow up at her.

"Well, because we're going to cook for Herchel to say thank you for letting us stay and you really need to chip in with the chores, you can't go into the woods all the time. You're a young woman, Angel..." She trailed off as she saw my expression. Now i was pissed.

"Look, just because I'm a southerner does NOT mean that I'm going to stay in the kitchen and slave over a hot stove for a man, I ain't nobody's bitch. You want to be a slave, have a great time cooking, I've got better things to do with my time than bow down to a man." I ranted. 

Lori was shocked speechless. I didn't care and I left her. I wasn't going to stand at a sink and bow and scrape for anyone. Sophia needed to be found. When I got to the house, Daryl, Rick, Shane, Andrea, T-Dog and Jimmy were gathered around an old truck with a map of the area. I joined them, avoiding Daryl's eyes.

"Hey, Angel. We were just setting out to look for Sophia. You coming?" Rick asked.

Just as I was about to nod my head and answer, Daryl jumped in. "It'd be better if Angel stays here. Help out."