Chapter 15

This chapter is dedicated to my very good friend on Wattpad, Cori_twd_1d. So everyone, pls follow her and read her brilliam walking dead fanfic xx

I stared at them, shocked. Then I spoke.

"What? No, I didn't. What does it mean?" I asked, confused. Could I somehow be the cure that Jenner said didn't exist?

Caleb scoffed. Cori just shot him a glare and smiled at me.

"It means that if you get bitten by a biter, you won't turn. You'll just get a really unattractive wound." She explained.

I nodded. "What if a walker tries to eat me? Do they blow up?" I was joking but Cori looked serious.

"Well, no. But this is the most weridest part. If someone is bitten, you can save them." She said.

I looked at her, shocked again. "So, are you sayin' that I'm the cure that seemingly doesn't exist?" I asked.  Hell, wait 'till Daryl heard this.

To my disapointment, Cori shook her head. "No, sorry. Once someone has turned, that's it. No choice but to put a bullet in their head. It's only if someone's just been bitten." She said.

I nodded again. "Ok. So, how does that work exactly?" I asked. Even though I had a good interest and knowledge in science, medical science wasn't really my thing.

"Well, the imunity thing is in your blood. Basically all around the inside of your body. Like a shield in a way. So if someone's bitten, if you put a bit of blood on the wound, then the infection will be kind of cured." She explained.

I was relieved. I could save people if it came to it then. If Daryl was bitten, God forbid, I could save him. Then a thought pinged like a pinball in my mind. The group needed to know. Daryl needed to know. Why was Rick keeping secrets from us? Why had he kept this from me?

Cori saw the tense expresion on my face. "What's wrong?" She asked, concerned. Caleb looked at me curiously. I couldn't see Caleb concerned.

"Nothing. I just need to get back to the group. They need to know about this." I replied.

Cori looked stunned. Caleb just looked angry.

"You can't." Cori said, shaking her head sadly.

I looked at her, confused. "What? I can't go back? I need to! This cure doesn't change anything! My brother's probably tearing his hair out wondering where I am." I cried.

"No. You can go back. There's no problem with that. It's safer. This place isn't exactly biter-proof. What I meant was you can't tell them about what's in you." She said.

"Well, honey, no offence, but that plan's dead in the water 'cause my leader knows. Look, I'll be fine. No-one's got scientific knowledge but me. And I'm not going to go blabbering about it." I said, trying to keep calm. I couldn't keep something like this from Daryl. It was too important.

Cori, however, didn't look convinced. Caleb scoffed.

"Yeah, right." He scoffed again.

I shot him a death glare. "I won't, alright?" Ok, if there's anyone I will tell, it's Daryl. But that's 'cause he's my brother." I replied. I couldn't keep any more from him. It was damaging our relationship with each other. Not to mention, probably pissing the hell out of Dale.

But Cori still shook her head. "You can't even tell him. Look, you don't get how serious this is." She sighed.

"No, you don't get it. I would do anything to save Daryl. What if he gets bitten, not that he will, but it could happen. I could cure him. I can't just go and nick my wrist and putting my blood on his bite without telling him. He'd be wondering what the hell I'm taking." I argued.