27. If i lost or win..

~¤~

~¤~

I woke up feeling refreshed. As I got up, I realized what I had done the previous night.

I was terribly sickened by my actions. Did I just conjure her image while engaging in this?

I feel so diminished; she's a minor, man. How could I be so distracted that I disregarded my principles? I feel tainted now.

How can I face her if she find this?

"Shut it, Karv! You've crossed the line."

I feel remorseful; I restrained myself but faltered. But why did I suddenly become so aroused?

I had coffee! Is there something peculiar about coffee? Lia brewed it for me, and no one entered my room afterward.

I must find out.

I freshened up in my office bedroom and returned home after having breakfast. Then, I went back to the office.

I reviewed the previous footage. I noticed Lia adding something to it. I have my suspicions!

"What did she add to my coffee?"

He pondered and went to his cabin. He summoned Lia to her cabin.

She entered with a smile but looked puzzled.

"Boss, do you need anything?"

She asked, him scrutinizing her way of speaking. He observed her frankness.

He cleared his throat and inquired, "Miss Sharma, what did you mix into my coffee?"

He asked, his demeanor very serious.

She panicked. She was unfamiliar with this behavior, being a newly joined staff member.

He had never displayed his anger or any negative side to her yet.

He had anger issues before but wanted to work on himself, so he overlooked her mistakes as a newcomer.

But adding something like that goes against the company's policies.

Lia viewed him as cheerful and flirty because he never reprimanded her for her minor errors.

And she believed he had a liking for her. Unaware, she didn't realize that behind his smile, he was restraining himself from exploding, which led to a major misunderstanding.

She looked on the verge of tears.

"I ASKED YOU, WHAT DID YOU ADD, DON'T REPLY WITH TEARS!" he yelled.

"Boss, I was thinking that you-" She sniffled.

"Oh my god, stop sniffing, speak clearly!"

"I was thinking that you fancy me-" She finally stated.