The Falling of Hearts

The rain poured down in relentless sheets, drenching the world in a watery haze as Thyme made his way through the storm. Each step felt heavier than the last, the weight of his decision pressing down on him like a leaden cloak.

Arriving at Lita's doorstep, Thyme hesitated for a moment, the cold droplets of rain mingling with the tumult of his thoughts. With a resigned sigh, he raised a trembling hand and knocked on the door, the sound echoing in the quiet of the night.

It swung open to reveal Lita, her features softened by the dim light of the hallway. "Thyme," she murmured, surprise flickering in her eyes as she took in his drenched form. "What are you doing here in this weather? Come inside."

With heavy steps his treaded inside the starkly warm house, a completely different atmosphere from the outside world. Thyme swallowed hard, the words sticking in his throat as he struggled to find the right thing to say. "Lita, I..." he began, his voice faltering as he searched for the courage to speak his truth.

But before he could continue, Lita's eyes lit up with a mixture of hope and anticipation. "Thyme, is everything alright?" she asked, her voice tinged with concern.

Thyme hesitated, his heart heavy with the weight of his confession. "Lita," he said at last, his voice barely above a whisper. "I want... I want you to be my girlfriend."

Lita's initial reaction was one of disbelief, a dismissive laugh escaping her lips as if she thought it was a joke. But as she looked into Thyme's earnest eyes, she saw something there that made her pause. Something genuine, something real.

In that moment, all the uncertainty melted away, replaced by a flicker of hope. "Thyme," she said softly, her voice tinged with emotion. "Are you serious?"

Thyme nodded, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. Before he could say another word, Lita threw her arms around him in a tight embrace, her heart overflowing with happiness. "Thyme, I'm so glad," she whispered, her voice filled with joy. "I've always hoped it would be you."

As Lita moved to get something warm to drink for Thyme and a towel, Thyme's gaze fell to his phone, a sense of determination in his eyes. With a steady hand, he navigated to his contacts and scrolled until he found Arisa's name. With a final, decisive tap, he deleted her contact, his heart heavy with the weight of his decision.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚

In the tranquil sanctuary of the library, where the faint rustle of pages and the soft murmur of whispered conversations filled the air, Arisa found herself ensconced in a cocoon of solitude, seeking solace amidst the shelves of books that surrounded her.

Just as she was lost in the labyrinth of her thoughts, Gorya's voice sliced through the silence like a sharp knife, drawing the attention of those nearby. "Arisa!" she exclaimed, her tone a mix of concern and curiosity.

The librarian shot them a stern glance, prompting Gorya to lower her voice to a hurried whisper. "Sorry, sorry," she mumbled apologetically, before making her way to Arisa's side and plopping down in the chair beside her.

Arisa offered a wan smile, grateful for the distraction from her somber reverie. "Hey, Gorya," she greeted softly, her voice a mere whisper in the quiet confines of the library.

Gorya's eyes were wide with curiosity as she leaned in closer, her eagerness palpable. "So, spill," she urged in a hushed tone. "What's the deal with you and Thyme? Why'd you guys break up?"

Arisa sighed, casting a wary glance around the library before leaning in to confide in her friend. "It's...complicated," she admitted, her voice barely above a murmur.