The Second Impact

A drenched and solemn looking Gorya sat on the floor. Her hair dripping with water and hollow eyes searching for Arisa who had just left to grab whatever pile of tissue or towel she could find. The stadium seats, now eerily empty, seemed to stretch for miles for the one girl who now accommodated the place. 

Reminiscing about the prior events, Gorya's eyes became heavy and blurred as she recalled the ordeal she went through. Ironically, it only happened because she gave up her rule to not intervene just to protect a new friend she had made; all that, for the friend to not even be here. Gorya swiped her hand across her face and pushed her hair back, most of it had dried due to the sun's rays shimmering gently around her surroundings. The sky had momentarily cleared, setting a new look around the stadium. Who would've thought such torment had been held here?

Small padded steps gradually came into sight as Arisa hurried back with a pile of tissues. She climbed over the steps and made her way over. Sitting down, she handed Gorya the pile she had found in the infirmary and turned towards her friend, ''Are you sure you don't want to visit the nurse? I can come with you.''

''It's fine, I'm not hurt, just....a little shaken,'' Gorya replied softly. 

A calm silence fell over the two girls. 

''You know, I'm missing my Social Science class for my dearest friend, so I ought to know why and how this happened,'' Arisa crossed her arms and tilted her head towards Gorya, her tone a mixture of concern and determination. A slight smile wavered on Gorya's lips before vanishing again as she explained the events to Arisa.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚ 

Anger is a soft word that would describe the surge of emotions that Arisa felt as she stalked through the school corridors looking for one person in particular: Hana. It was long after school had finished and Gorya had gone off to her part-time she attends every evening. Assuring her, Arisa promised she only had to exchange a few words with Hana, emphasising on the 'few words' before waving farewell to her friend.

Arisa's mind raced with unanswered questions and unresolved issues as she sought out Hana. From the information provided by her peers, she had extra curricular sessions to attend in order to catch up with the work she had missed. The promise of a 'few words' lingered in the air, but beneath it, a torrent of emotions begged for release. 

Arisa stormed through the school corridors, the echo of her determined footsteps reverberating in the empty hallways. The flickering overhead lights cast irregular shadows, mirroring the tumult in her mind. As she turned a corner, consumed by anger and thoughts of confrontation, she collided with an unexpected figure. The impact jolted both her and the person she collided with.

She looked up, ready to unleash her frustration, only to find herself face to face with the last person she had in mind: Thyme. The realisation hit her, but her anger didn't waver.

Thyme smirked, "Well, well, Arisa. Watch where you're going, or you might end up causing more trouble than you can handle."

"Out of my way, Thyme,'' Arisa gritted, her temper becoming harder to handle.

Thyme leaned casually against the wall, "Easy there, a frown doesn't suit that face of yours. But what would I know?"

Arisa shot him a glare but continued walking. She was determined to confront Hana without having another problem dwelling right behind her. However, as she approached the classroom where Hana presumably was, Thyme intercepted her once again.

kneeling down, as he took hold of Arisa's shoes, he said, "Hold on, superhero. Don't want you tripping on your noble intentions."

He took a moment to tie her shoelace, his tone carrying a mixture of mockery and something else. Arisa tried to pull away, but Thyme's gaze held hers for a moment longer than necessary.

"There you go. Wouldn't want the superhero to get hurt." 

Arisa scowled at the teasing but didn't voice her frustration. Thyme's cryptic words lingered as she finally entered the classroom, expecting to find Hana. However, the room was empty, devoid of the presence she had anticipated.

"Where is she?" Arisa wondered under her breath. She was sure this was the classroom the girl had told her to go.

"Looking for someone?" Thyme, leaning against the doorway, chuckled softly.

"Cut the games, Thyme. What are you even doing here? One interaction with you doesn't make us acquaintances."

''Does it not?'' He sighed, then looked directly into Arisa's fuming eyes, ''Just a friendly piece of advice: be careful tomorrow. You might just find yourself in the spotlight.''

Then he walked off. His words left Arisa with more questions than answers as she turned back and scanned the empty classroom, her anger now mixed with a sense of bewilderment.

 ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚

It's not as long of a chapter as the other ones, but I hope you enjoyed it.

As always, feedback and comments are highly appreciated!

Bye for now!!