The Royal's Guard

Old world

Character A and Character B were not so different once. Long long ago, it could've been easy to confuse them for friends. That was before...well, way too much. Uprisings, the death of the king, the desertion of allies, the shifting of power, the loss of lives. So many lives. And now, Character A was stuck with the sole blame for it all.

A land once the most magnificent in all of the world was now reduced to hatred and rebellion. The assassination of the king was only one of the many heinous crimes brought on by the subjects beneath the rein of Character A's family. With a mother unknown and no siblings to speak of, they now stand alone in the ruins of their father's tyrannical legacy, beneath the new ruling of the "Queen's Advisor," as Character A is too young to assume the throne alone.

Despite being the one with the power, everywhere they turn is a foul comment and a loathsome glare. Their home is only mere seconds away from collapsing into full civil war, and it is time for Character A to crack the whip hard on the ungrateful and disobedient people in an act of revenge for their father. There would be no threat to the safety of their throne if weaponized fear brought their disloyal subjects to their knees.

Character B cannot bear to face what has become of the person they once knew when they were too young to understand politics. In another life, it was easy to think that they could've stayed friends, forever. In this one, Character B had to face the reality. Holding a key position in the very rebellion that Character A sought so desperately to crush, it has become their job to infiltrate the palace by any means necessary.

With a simple step from the rebellion headquarters into the lion's den, Character B has to learn how to hold their own like never before. The first act of the Queen's Advisor is to implement a bodyguard for Character A. Thanks to Character B's careful insertion of themself into the community over the past few years, the position is bound to be theirs. Although a certain animosity lies between the royal who believes they can protect themself, and the rebel who wants to protect the kingdom from them, maybe they both have something to learn from each other.